Simple ajax validation not allowing form submission

usdc-or

Anytime I turn on ajax validation on my forms, whether its a "notempty," "regex," "email," or whatever, no matter what I enter into that field on the form, I get the validation error.

For example, I have an element called "requested by" where the user is to type their name. Validation is "notempty." Works fine without ajax validation, but as soon as I turn it on after entering my name and moving to the next field, I get the validation tooltip that says "This is a required field" then "Oups!" with a litte warning triangle.

On a related note, how to get rid of the "Oups" in these situations? In the U.S. we would write "Oops," not "Oups" so my colleagues basicially think I can't spell. Though I'd like it to be gone altogether as there is already a message ("such and so is a required field").

Hmmm, the "Oups" is a fallback default which shouldn't really ever happen - it only shows if the JSON response from an AJAX validation was empty. So it sounds like whatever issue is causing those AJAX validations to fail is also causing that problem.

Can you point me at an example form with this problem?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back