Site migration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcranford

Greetings,
I'm attempting to migrate my Fabrik application from one site to another. The old site is running on F3.3.3 and the new on F3.3.4. I've moved over all #_fabrik tables from the old site to the new and in general that looks to have been successful in that I see all of my Elements, Forms and Lists. There were also lots of underlying custom scripts that were migrated as well.

When I try to edit a List that has inline code attached (through the backend) and navigate to the Plug-ins menu all plug-ins show "... loading..." and never bring in the custom code (see attached screen print).

• Were there table changes between F3.3.3 and F3.3.4?
  • Other than moving fabrik tables and any custom scripts were there other things that should have been brought over to the new site?
  • If tables were changed between the dot releases what will be the best method of incorporating those changes into the new site?

Ideally I should have installed F3.3.3 on the new site but that didn't happen. The old site is running J3.4.4, F3.3.3 and the new is running on J3.4.5, F3.3.4.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DAN-12-3-2015 8-08-57 AM.png
    DAN-12-3-2015 8-08-57 AM.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 123
There shouldn't be any issue between F3.3.3 and F3,3,4

I assume the problem is that you've moved the Fabrik tables:
You have to open and re-save your Fabrik connection with the new database parameters.
(This is the same if you are creating a copy of your Fabrik site: Fabrik connection must be updated with the new database parameters)

One other issue could be your custom scripts if they are using a hardcoded Joomla prefix anywhere.

Hey Troester,
Thanks for the reply! I did update the site connections after moving everything so that shouldn't be what I'm seeing here. When I try to edit the List and navigate to the plug-ins area the form never finishes loading. Would a hard coded Joomla prefix prevent the form from loading (again this is in the back end)? I've just updated my "Sites" so you can see for yourself if needed.

I tried loggin in, but "You do not have permission to access the administration area of this site"

-- hugh

Looks like you haven't installed plugins that your site uses. Remember that only about half our plugins are bundled as part of the core, the rest you have to separately install. So your List page is trying to load plugins that aren't installed in the system.

Easiest way is run a full github update, then discover, install and enable the ones you need.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back