SMS Messages

Mandie

Hi Guys :)

I've been asked by a Driving School to set up an appointment diary for them, the calendar part and everything else is easy but they've also asked whether the system can send two sms messages like they've seen other systems do.

So they need it to send an SMS to the instructor when the appointment is made (will the plugin from the downloads section do that?) and they want another SMS scheduled for a day before the appointment.

The SMS gateway that I'm looking at using (based in Australia) will allow me to send a message that schedules the SMS but then do I need to send that through custom php or something?

I'm a little lost .. has anyone done this before?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Mandie

We are also looking at a different SMS Gateway. We would like to use EZ Texting as our sms gateway. We already use it with other extensions on our site here in the United States. Please provide us details on how to do this or pricing for having it done. Thanks in advance.

I've never tried but I think you have to add a file
your-gateway.php to
...\plugins\fabrik_form\sms\gateway

We are also looking at a different SMS Gateway. We would like to use EZ Texting as our sms gateway. We already use it with other extensions on our site here in the United States. Please provide us details on how to do this or pricing for having it done. Thanks in advance.

Is this really for Fabrik 3.0, or is it for the latest (3.1), on J! 3.x?

I just did some custom SMS work for another client, and have some improvements I'd like to do to the SMS plugin. Specifically, adding better templating for the actual message content, in the form of an actual tmeplate field you can use placeholders with, and/or a J! article you can use as the template, again with placeholders.

But this is a "dead" 3.0 testing forum, so I probably won't see any response you make on this thread.

If you would like to post your request in the appropriate 3.0 or 3.1 forum, I'll respond there. Basically, if you want to pay for an hour (or less, depending on how simple / complex their API is) for me to add the gateway adapter for EZ Texting, I can do a deal on the price, as it'll give me the excuse i need to splice in the improved code I wrote a few weeks ago (which had to be a custom form plugin, rather than part of the SMS plugin itself, for unrelated reasons).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back