SMS Twillio ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN in form sms plugin

jeffry

Hello,

I am attempting to use the SMS Plugin with Twilio, however it is not working. I suspect the reason being is that i have not enter the ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN. Problem is I dont know where?

The plugin asks for username and password.

thank you

the language is slightly confusing, because different services call them different things, some use username/password, some use tokens and private keys, etc. So we just call it "username" and "password". Iirc, put the SID in username, and auth token in password.

Were you the person who posted about the fatal error, and I pointed at a thread showing how to fix it?

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

I read that post and followed along. Indeed my observation concur in that the errors messages were the same and went away.

I looked at the code and thought that was the case about the credentials. Unfortunately, I have tried and its not working. No errors, just no text message. Any idea how to go about testing to see where its not working?

thanks,

Jeff

I'll have to brush the dust off my Twilio account, and fix that stuff.

If you haven't heard back in a few days, bump this thread. I'm in the middle of building a release atm.

--hugh

I understand especially since this is free support. I know you guys accept projects such as this, can we offer to pay for your expedited attention to this? What would it cost?

thanks,
Jeff

OK, I just committed fixes to github.

It uses the new Twilio SDK, which I've included in our Composer library, so you'll need to do a full github update.

-- hugh

I understand especially since this is free support. I know you guys accept projects such as this, can we offer to pay for your expedited attention to this? What would it cost?

thanks,
Jeff

Try updating from github, let me know if it works. Works OK for me. If you've installed the Twillio lib from anywhere else (like that old Joomla packaged version from github), uninstall it. The Fabrik github now includes it.

Once we get this working for you, I'd happily accept a tip via PayPal. ;)

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will work on this in the AM and let you know how it works. And will most gladly send a tip, really appreciate the solution fabrik provides!

Jeff

Hi Hugh,

when you have the time here is where I am at with getting the Twilio SMS to work.

I uninstalled the twilio library (https://github.com/corywebbmedia/Twilio-for-Joomla), updated Fabrik from github. Now getting error

Fatal error: Class 'Twilio\Rest\Client' not found in /home/site/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/sms_gateways/twilio.php on line 43

You mentioned that the Fabrik github now includes the twilio library. I dont see it included.

thank you,
Jeff

Thanks Hugh,

getting closer...

Error
SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain

This was an issue discussed in previous thread. In the new implementation I can not find twilio_ssl_certificate.crt

Yeah, I was coming to that conclusion and read the discussion you referenced. What has continued to confuse me is that just about all the discussions I read are situations where they are on Windows.

Thanks for your continued advisement. I will work on this and report back.

There's some Linux distributions that no longer have that 1024 bit Thawt cert in the default bundle as well.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That very well is probably the case. It's a somewhat old godaddy VPS that I have procrastinated on migrating.

Has everything for Twilio been fixed and committed to 3.6? I cannot seem to be able to get it to work.

yes, it is working. I forget if what steps I took, I think I followed the threads, but it is working.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back