Not open for further replies.

karilint

Hi,
I'm using the Content Plugin in an Article:

{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id=[rownumber]}

This creates the query:

SELECT ...
FROM `relation`
LEFT JOIN `structured_name` AS `structured_name` ON `structured_name`.`id` = `relation`.`name_1`
LEFT JOIN `structured_name` AS `structured_name_0` ON `structured_name_0`.`id` = `relation`.`name_2`
WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = 548)

How can I modify the {fabrik view=list ... } to have an OR statement in the query like this:
WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = 548 OR `structured_name_0`.`name_id` = 548)

From here I can find some help: http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/filtering-lists-tables/
?tablename___A[value]=foo&tablename___A[join]=OR&tablename___B[value]=foo&tablename___B[join]=OR

But I think this is not usable in this case?
-Kari

Than you for your reply, Hugh.

It seems that my problem is that I have two relations to the same table and I'm not able to write proper query condition.

This works. I have OR condition to the same tablename (tablename___A[value]=foo ... tablename___B[value]=foo)
{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[join]=OR structured_name___location_id_raw[value]=1 structured_name___location_id_raw[join]=OR}

This creates: "WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = '245' OR `structured_name`.`location_id` = '1' )"

But when I try to do something like tablename___A[value]=foo ... tablename_0___A[value]=foo, the query does not work:
{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[join]=OR structured_name_0___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name_0___name_id_raw[join]=OR}

This creates: "WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = '245' )"

I'm probably making a mistake in the query condition.
-Kari

It must be something to do with the joining. As if the "structured_name_0" is ignored. The examples you sent are for a same list with different elements.

{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[join]=OR structured_name_0___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name_0___name_id_raw[condition]=OR}
--> WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = '245' )

{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[condition]=OR structured_name_0___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name_0___name_id_raw[condition]=OR}
--> WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` or 245 )

{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[condition]=OR structured_name_0___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name_0___name_id_raw[join]=OR}
--> WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` or 245 )

{fabrik view=list id=18 structured_name___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name___name_id_raw[join]=OR structured_name_0___name_id_raw[value]=[rownumber] structured_name_0___name_id_raw[join]=OR}
--> WHERE ( `structured_name`.`name_id` = '245' )

structured_name_0
I didn't realize your setup. I thought there's a 2nd table structured_name_o (like e.g. original) joined to the 1st one (it's really hard to see a difference between 0 and o in this forum).
This is only a table alias, the DB table is still structured_name.
So what do you expect? It's all filtering the same table column "name_id"

Hi,
I have a join from table 'relation' with fields name_1 and name_2 which relate to same table 'structured_name':
SELECT ...
FROM `relation`
LEFT JOIN `structured_name` AS `structured_name` ON `structured_name`.`id` = `relation`.`name_1`
LEFT JOIN `structured_name` AS `structured_name_0` ON `structured_name_0`.`id` = `relation`.`name_2`

And I'm trying to list all rows where the field (called name_id) from the related table "structured_name" OR "structured_name_0" is [rownumber].
In current setting it only uses the first relation and does not take into account the second relation.

Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to do that with the query string syntax. The syntax is pretty powerful (although a little ha does to understand!) but this is a corner case we didn't really anticipate. You might be able to achieve it with prefilters.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thank you troester and Hugh,

I managed to handle the query using pre-filters:
Join: WHERE
Field: Id
Condition: IN
Value: select r.id from relation r inner join structured_name sn1 on r.name_1=sn1.id inner join structured_name sn2 on r.name_2=sn2.id WHERE sn1.name_id = {rowid} or sn2.name_id = {rowid}
Type: Query

However, I run into similar (naming) problems when displaying Elements from these two relations. Only one set of Elements are displayed on the list. I probably need to make this list by making a view in MySQL and give each Element an explicit name.

Ah, I didn't realize you were trying to do two list joins to the same table, thought one was a join element my brain isn't firing on all cylinders today. Nope, can't do that, as you discovered.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back