[SOLVED] Fabrik Form Module not processing on home page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because you have a module on the home page, "image and content fader", which is overriding a Mootools function (periodical()).

Try turning that module off.

-- hugh

Nope. You'd have to talk to the authors of that module, see if they can either not override that function prototype, or call the original when they've finished doing whatever it is they need to do.

-- hugh

Here is the response from them. They gave me a new version that doesn't use mootools, it uses jquery now.

This new module does not use mootools, it is jquery only.

periodical is not a function that we declare, that is a default function of the javascript library itself, so it's not something we can change. I also checked your site and didn't see any javascript errors on the page.
The fabrik module will still not submit though. Anymore ideas?

Point out this line to them:

Code:
Function.prototype.periodical=function (c,b,a){return setInterval(this.passx((a==null?[]:a),b),c);};

... line 71 in jd.gallery.jquery.js, which overrides the Mootools periodical() function, which is what I said in post #2.

And no, there won't be any errors on the page, but when any Mootools code calls periodical(), it is calling their function, instead of Mootools'.

Ask them nicely if they could use some other function name, perhaps jdPeriodical.

-- hugh

They responded with:

We can try doing a find a replace for periodical to something else in the js file, but we are not going to re-write our script because another script is using the same name. You would have to replace all calls of periodical with a new function, it's not tested though, so no guarantees that it will work.​

It's not "another script", it part of the Mootools framework:

http://mootools.net/core/docs/1.5.2/Types/Function#Function:periodical

Mootools may have fallen out of favor and is being deprecated in J! in favor of jQuery, but it is still a major JS framework library, and is still shipped with J!.

Overriding global function prototypes is NOT something which should be done lightly, and DEFINITELY should not tread on things like jQuery or Mootools.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back