[SOLVED] Fullcalendar | Disable popup

marcq

Hi,

I would like to disable the popup which is displayed by clicking an event in the fullcalendar :

upload_2016-6-26_12-41-0.png

I thought that by setting the "Show full details" button to "No", it would disable it, but it doesn't seem to be the way to do it.

upload_2016-6-26_12-42-9.png

How can I disable this popup ?

Thank you in advance for your support, cheers, marc

Yup, at the moment, it's a choice between popping up the summary, with additional links to view / edit / delete, or popping up a detail view. There is no option to "do nothing".

That would have to be added to the code as an option.

-- hugh

Yup, at the moment, it's a choice between popping up the summary, with additional links to view / edit / delete, or popping up a detail view. There is no option to "do nothing".

That would have to be added to the code as an option.
-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my initial post. I don't want an option to "do nothing", just an option to do X or Y.

The explanation popup of field "Show full detail" say :
"If set to no then a summary pop up appears with edit/add/view links.
If set to yes then the details view is directly opened in a javascript window."

If I understand this two sentences correctly and I choose the "Yes" option, then the detail view is opened, which is what I would like to have.

But it seems to mean that if set to "Yes" you can display the summary pop up by flying over the date with the mouse and the detail view can be opened in a window as you can see in the following video :

http://www.screencast.com/t/MNSjTRii0

So there is no option between one or the other. By choosing Yes you've got the summary and the detail view, I'm right ?

Would be a good thing if we could choose between one or the other option.

Cheers, marc

Hmm, it should behave as you described, and does on my server. I'll need to take a look at your site. But I'm waiting to board a plane back home atm. Will look later.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hmm, it should behave as you described, and does on my server. I'll need to take a look at your site. But I'm waiting to board a plane back home atm. Will look later.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for your feedback Hugh, have a safe journey, cheers, marc

My flight got cancelled, had to stay another night in Houston. *sigh*. Home now.

Which site / page is it on?

-- hugh

My flight got cancelled, had to stay another night in Houston. *sigh*. Home now.

Which site / page is it on?
-- hugh
Hi Hugh,
Sorry for the delay, but I'm in Vietnam and you're in the US, so basically when I'm sleeping you are working.
You will find all the information about the site and page in "My Sites" LA NEPTUNE in the "Notes" -> Issue with Full Calendar.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Cheers, marc

I can replicate.
If the details popup has been opened (and closed) once you'll get the summery popup on hover. Although it vanishes if you want to reach the edit button.

I don't know what's the expected behaviour of the "details" setting:
Situation:
The user has edit privs for the underlying list, full calendar setting is "Show full details"=yes
A click on the event is opening the details view (not the form view)
A right-click opens the form view (in a new window)

I can replicate.
If the details popup has been opened (and closed) once you'll get the summery popup on hover. Although it vanishes if you want to reach the edit button.

I don't know what's the expected behaviour of the "details" setting:
Situation:
The user has edit privs for the underlying list, full calendar setting is "Show full details"=yes
A click on the event is opening the details view (not the form view)
A right-click opens the form view (in a new window)

Hi troester,

I always get the summary popup and there's no question of having opened the detail view or not. And as you say, it is impossible to reach any button on this summary popup -> as soon I'm trying to fly over the popup to click one of the button, the popup vanish. So it is useless.

Concerning the "Show Full details"=Yes, for my concern, if it could behave as explained in the explanation popup of the field :
"If set to no then a summary pop up appears with edit/add/view links.
If set to yes then the details view is directly opened in a javascript window."

that would be ok and by the way it seems for me to be the logical way to handle this field.

@troester - I think I fixed that "once you've opened a form" thing in github, so you don't get that weird hover behavior. I've been working on a fullcalendar app for a Pro client the last few days, ironed out a few weird things.

The problem was that the popup links had the fabrikTip class, and when a popup opens, and runs the form init code, the tip code attaches a mouseover event to all fabrikTip.

@marcq - I still need to see your page, as you definitely should not always get the summary popup.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, to access the page, please see "MySites" LA NEPTUNE, notes ->Issue with Full Calendar. Thanks in advance, marc

Did you update after my post #10 where I said I'd fixed it?

Your site still has the fabrikTip class on those entries, which is what is causing the details link to pop up after you have opened a view.

-- hugh

Did you update after my post #10 where I said I'd fixed it?

Your site still has the fabrikTip class on those entries, which is what is causing the details link to pop up after you have opened a view.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
Thank you ! Problem is solved. Cheers, marc

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back