[SOLVED] Odd problem with validation tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did, and it does NOT give that problem with protostar.

Any idea what in the template could be causing this behavior? I really want to use this template if at all possible.

One thing I just noticed:

BEFORE THE MOUSEOVER

HTML:
<div class="control-group fabrikElementContainer plg-field fb_el_nnts5_fb_contact_sample___email fabrikTip fabrikDataEmpty" opts="{"formTip":true,"position":"top-left","trigger":"hover","notice":true,"heading":"Validation"}" data-original-title="" title="">

AFTER THE MOUSEOVER
HTML:
<div class="control-group fabrikElementContainer plg-field fb_el_nnts5_fb_contact_sample___email fabrikTip fabrikDataEmpty" opts="{"formTip":true,"position":"top-left","trigger":"hover","notice":true,"heading":"Validation"}" data-original-title="" title="" style="display: none;">

For some reason, it adds a "style="display: none;" to the div statement after the mouseover. Using Firebug, I removed it and the element came back as expected.

Can you explain why it does that, if it is really needed, and where to remove it if not?

I can't see anything in our code which would cause this. Have you asked the template designers, see if there's anything they might be doing which could cause this?

-- hugh

Hi

I was having this same problem myself a day or two ago, and managed to solve it.

Are you by chance using a template based on the T3 framework?

The issue I found with T3 was:

1. T3 framework replaces a "buggy" (T3 words) bootstrap 2.3.1 with a more recent bootstrap 2.3.2. Unfortunately, bootstrap 2.3.2 changes some defaults, and so Joomla starts to have problems.

2. The latest Joomla 3.1.4 (only a couple of days old) has introduced a modified version of Bootstrap 2.3.2 and if you overwrite the T3 version of bootstrap files with the ones from Joomla 3.1.4 then this problem should go away.

(The same applies if you are using bootstrap 2.3.2 yourself BTW.)

A full explanation can be found here, and you can grab a copy of my full fix from GitHubhere.

(Hugh - please feel free to C&P into the forum thread.)

S

Hmmm.... Well, it's not a T3 framework template - it's based on the Wright framework from Joomlashack - but it's entirely possible that the same issue is at work here. How can I tell, and what would I need to do to fix the issue? I'm not that familiar with how the Wright framework works on a technical level, nor how bootstrap itself is handled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ok - I went to the URL you provided and the problem you are having is identical to the one I had.

I cannot tell much from the resulting HTML, but I would suggest that you:

1. Go to the Joomla site and download v3.1.4, extract it to your PC and find the bootstrap javascript files.

2. Go to your web site directories on your server and find the bootstrap javascript files there, back them up and replace them with the bootstrap files from Joomla 3.1.4.

See if that fixes your problem.

S

I'm sorry, I don't know where the bootstrap files from Joomla 3.1.4 are located in the directory structure. What am I looking for?

Thank you!

That seems to have fixed it. Not sure if there was a reason why they used a different bootstrap library, but as long as it doesn't cause any troubles, I'm calling this one solved!

In simple terms, the bootstrap in J3 before 3.1.4 was BS 2.3.1 which was quite old. So J frameworks have updated it to 2.3.2 without realising that it would cause problems. When J3.1.4 decided to update, they identified the changes needed to make 2.3.2 work.

(It was fortuitous that J3.1.4 came out at the time that I was debugging this and I managed to work it all out. :))

Anyway glad I was able to help.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back