SOLVED: Problem with calculations position in Ajaxified lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
With "almost" i mean i have made some changes to my local site other table element settings after i made a mirror to MySites.

Hi Hugh!

Basically my test site in MySites is a mirror of my main local site. In my test site this thing works, but on my local main site sum is not updated after filtering. I know it's almost impossible to help if there is no access to the site. I just thought that maybe you have some clues that which PHP/MySQL/Apache setting might cause this behavior in my local site.

BR,
Martin

Nope. Unless you have the J! caching system plugin (the actual plugin, not the main Cache menu under J! global settings) enabled on one and noth the other?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh! J! cache plugin is enabled in both sites. I now tried to turn off the caching in my local site list settings and the calculation started working again.

BR,
Martin

Yup. The J! system caching plugin is pretty much death on Fabrik, as we have absolutely no way of detecting when J! has decided it can serve up one of our links from the cache, and obviously we can't re-calculate things like group totals if our code never gets run. There are a couple of 3rd party advanced caching plugins available that have better customization features, that let you opt Fabrik out of caching, if you find you really need that level of caching for other extensions.

You may find it works on your live site but not on the local site because your live site gets hit more, so the cache fills up and rolls over faster.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back