[SOLVED] Sometimes disappear JS of elements or plugins of forms

F.schettino

Italian
It happens after modifying an element or a form.
It is a sneaky malfunctioning because I realize it too late.
I think that is a consequence of the incomplete loading of the page when you open an item: sometimes it requires a lot of time or the loading isn't complete, so I have to close (without saving) and reopen one or more times..

It is a new issue, starting from the beginning of this year; the first time it happened, I blame a person who had access to the back-end.

Is it a known issue?
Can you fix it or how can I avoid it?

Some more information:

When I open an element, JavaScript Errors Notifier (Chrome extension) shows:
JS1.png

JS2.png

and loading is not complete:
JS3.png

JS4.png

It happens again if I close and reopen the element.

Not an issue I've ever seen, so hard to really say anything about it.

We do have code which should prevent you from saving if all of the AJAX loaded "things" haven't loaded, I'll have a look and make sure that is solid.

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh.

At the moment I cannot edit some elements.
It seems me that it happens especially if an element is a duplicated one or the original one duplicated.

If you want you can access my site and try to edit element
195 Email

Is this a shared host?

It seems that you are having MySQL connection issues - I had several "could not connect to MySQL" errors while opening your pages - and it may be that your MySQL config is only allowing a certain number of concurrent connections. When our element edit page opens, we fire off quite a lot of AJAX calls in quick succession, and some more restrictive server resource configurations don't like that.

Also, if I look at the dev tools network tab when opening an element page, I'm seeing 500 errors on some of our AJAX loads, which are failing with the same "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL."

-- hugh

I "have seen" you on site; thank you, Hugh.
So, you saw the issue.

I know that my provider is not so...good; It is cheap.
I proposed to change it.

Can I do something in the meantime?

Nope.

You get what you pay for in a host, and one of the ways they are cheap is by shoehorning thousands of sites onto the same hardware, and aggressively limiting the resources each site can use. And one of the places they do that is in the number of database connections you can run concurrently. And even tho those connections we are making aren't really "concurrent" - those AJAX calls run sequentially - each connection takes a finite time to set up and tear down within the server, so they overlap.

-- hugh

Ok.

You said "We do have code which should prevent you from saving if ..."
But I think that can be useful that you "give a look", because I have lost some JS and/or validations saving elements.

And what about messages in attachments I posted?
They are always shown.
Did you get it?

But if your page load is completely blowing up because the database is unavailable for half the code trying to run, even defensive coding can't help.

-- hugh

Good. Those super cheap sites can be a false economy, if you are doing anything even remotely server intensive.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back