[SOLVED] Suddenly table filter does not have any impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvdw

I have a table that displays data from two db tables. I recently changed the tables fabrik from InnoDB to MyISAM. I am not sure if that may be part of the reason why suddenly the data filter functionality does not work any more for the filed that I defined it for (Service Type).

1) It works if I define the filter as a Field, but then I cannot undo a selection to see the full list again.
2) It does not work for Dropdown List, no action is taken.
3) It does not work if I choose search as the option. At least this option gives me an error, which i list below:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \'on-demand seminar
ORDER BY jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type A SQL=SELECT jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_title AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_title`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.date_launched AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.date_launched`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.media_duration AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.media_duration`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.enrolment_duration AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.enrolment_duration`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.credits AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.credits`,
mdl_course.cost AS `mdl_course.cost`,
mdl_course.currency AS `mdl_course.currency`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id`,
jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id AS __pk_val
FROM jos_fabrik_formdata_3
LEFT JOIN mdl_course ON mdl_course.shortname = jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id
WHERE jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type on-demand seminar
ORDER BY jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type ASC LIMIT 0, 30You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \'on-demand seminar\n ORDER BY jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type A SQL=SELECT jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_title AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_title`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.date_launched AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.date_launched`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.media_duration AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.media_duration`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.enrolment_duration AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.enrolment_duration`, \n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.credits AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.credits`, \n mdl_course.cost AS `mdl_course.cost`, \n mdl_course.currency AS `mdl_course.currency`,\n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id AS `jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id`,\n jos_fabrik_formdata_3.fabrik_internal_id AS __pk_val\n FROM jos_fabrik_formdata_3 \n LEFT JOIN mdl_course ON mdl_course.shortname = jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_id \n WHERE jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type on-demand seminar\n ORDER BY jos_fabrik_formdata_3.service_type ASC LIMIT 0, 30

I am using PHP (CGI) 2.1.x, MySQL 5.0.x, Fabrik 1.0.4 on Linux. In this example the two fields "shortname" and "service_id are the fields the Join was defined on.

The join was created before I changed the Mysql from InnoDB to MyISAM.

What can I try to resolve this?

Thanks
Mariana

Re: Suddenly table with join does not filter and display well any more

Hi Mariana,
You appear to have named one of your elements with a space, 'on-demand seminar' which is interpreted as an error. I would remove any spaces from your element names.

Andre

Hello Andre

Thank you for pointing this out. It was the "value" in a dropdown list that had spaces in. I have corrected this not to have spaces, and that resolved the error when I define the filter field as "search". However, the filter is still not applied when I choose another value. The filter trigger is set to "On Change" in the table definition. Changing this setting does not make any difference though, the problem remains the same. I am using the standard.html template with no changes made to it.

I have also removed the join, and currently the table displays data from only one db table, so it should be simple. The problem remains though.

The filter is on the dropdown list that used to have the stated problem. However, just to check I created a filter on another field, and that gives the same problem - no action when a choice is made in the "search" block above the table.

The URl of this uncooperative table is: Click here.

Thanks
Mariana

Hi Maria

Try updating to the latest SNV version. I have table filters working there.

Cheers
rob

Hello Rob

Thanks for the answer. I am unfortunately unable to download the SVN, since it does not accept my VALID username and password. When I log into joomlacode.org with them they work, but every action i want to make takes me back to the login page to login again first. I think it might be the Joomla/CB login problem. Whatever the case, I am unable to get authenticated via the checkoutm - it keep asking me for my username and password (and I do enter them correctly).

Is there any other way that I can get the latest version?

Thanks
Mariana

Hi Mariana,
Please see the wiki about this, as I tried to put down what I have been doing to get the latest versions.

The username is "anonymous" and the password should be your email address.

Andre

Re: Suddenly table filter does not have any impact

Hello Andre

I have downloaded SVN 122 thanks, and installed it. It made no difference to the problem. :( I have recently changed the fabrik files in the db from Innodb to MyISAM. Can that have this effect? And if so, how do I change it (without changing back to innodb preferably).

The table filter still does not have any effect. See here.

Also, the table definition in admin does not display my own template as an option any more - I can only choose between bluesky and default since I have upgraded to Rev 122. How can I get my own table templates to be given as an option again?

Thanks
Mariana

Hi Mariana,
I don't believe the database type would make any difference, more likely there is a conflict with another javascript on your page, especially since the newer versions of Fabrik use Mootools now. Perhaps you could try it in a different Joomla template?

Also your custom templates should be moved into the view subdirectories of the Fabrik component (components/com_fabrik/views)

If that doesn't work it might be a bug.

Regards,

Andre

Hello Andre

It is a live site, so I cannot leave it for you to test - however, I have quickly tested it in the template where it used to work, and it also does not work there. The filter remains unresponsive.

I was able to resolve the template problem thanks.

Thanks for your attention to this problem.

Regards
Mariana

Mariana said:
Hello Andre

Thanks - you put me on the right track. The problem was the two modules latest content fader and most read content fader from http://funplugged.org/contact/Mohd_Ghouse_Ahmed.html

I have disabled them for this page and now it works.

Many thanks.
Mariana

Hi Marina, this problem with Filters was also giving me some trouble and I found that I had to unpublish the Spotlight Module with Image that I'm using with a joomlart template, thanks to your findings it helped me identify my problem.

In my case it's not a problem turning off the module for that page but it could be for others, I'm not a coder but I think it might have something to do with running multiple javascripts on one page???? just a thought for someone who can bug fix this.

Regards to all Steve!!!

If anyone can point me to a page which exhibits this problem, I'll run FireBug over it, see I can see where the JavaScript conflict is.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back