[SOLVED] The best way?

fula5

What is the best way to preserve the site with forms, lista, elements and tables DATA, stored with fabrik?

I always make a full Akeeba backup , but ( in the first support put in this site ), when i was to restaured faillll. The forms do not recognized and show datas. Connections are ok.

Many thanks.

Hmm, I haven't encountered any issues in restoring Fabrik sites using Akeeba. My first thought was to check the connections but you're already indicated those are OK. The next thing I'd suggest is to go into phpMyAdmin and look at the Fabrik tables you've created in the database. If the data is there, then look at the Data connections of your lists one by one. If the data isn't there, then the backup didn't restore the database correctly.

Thanks for response. Data is OK. As I coud not make it work, I have rebuilt everything, element, forms, views, an the data i went from the old tables to the news.
My question is how to protect it from now on the data. Does not work with a Full backup of Akeeba backup restore?

I've restored Fabrik sites many times with full backups of Akeeba using kickstart. I do think Akeeba is the right solution - so hopefully someone else out there has an idea of what you're encountering. I wouldn't abandon Akeeba.

Until you can get the Akeeba backup to work, an alternative is to do the backup manually: Zip all the files on the Joomla site and download that. That takes care of the Joomla file portion - then you need to Export the MySQL table from phpMyAdmin and download that file. The .zip and the .sql file then constitute your backup.

Akeeba definitely works, I've done hundreds of full Akeeba backups and restores on Fabrik sites.

The only time I've ever had one fail is if the site was in use, and I forgot to temporarily close the site during the archive. It's then possible for tables to be skipped during the backup if they are in use, or otherwise get corrupted.

The only other possibility is if you used different credentials for the J! database connection when you restored, such that the connection itself doesn't work. Or if you are restoring to a different site with a different database. Safest way to check that is simply edit and save your default site connection details in Fabrik one time. Fabrik will tell you if it detects any difference between yur Fabrik default connection, and J!'s main connection.

-- hugh

Does Akeeba work if you are using a different connection to that of the Joomla install? So Joomla db is on connection 1, and you are saving to connection2?

Ah, yes, that feature is only available in the Pro version of Akeeba (which I have, although it's an older version as I didn't re-up my annual sub last year) where you can specify additional databases, and folders outside the web root.

The Pro version is 40 Euros per year, last time I checked.

-- hugh

Very Very Thanks.

Accustomed to using MS SQLSERVER, I never check that the site was OFFLINE before backup. Restore the base with the same name , same username and same password I had not thought that KICKSTART lets put another, Could that have been the reason I failed!!

Finally something that nobody has considered and I think it can give problems ...
Restore from a site that uses SSL to one that does not use .!

I will be prepared and already thank you very much for your concepts.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back