[Solved] User Plugin shows User id in Numeric - Not User Name

esskay

Hi

User plugin is showing Joomla user id (Numeric Value) instead of name or user name in all the list. I have changed the host and thus all files have been transferred to the new location...What could be the reason...?

I have changed the host and thus all files have been transferred to the new location...What could be the reason...?
Did you edit and re-save the Fabrik connection so Fabrik does know about the new database?

Is the connection test working?
Is the connection the default Joomla DB?
Are the users existing in this DB (as Joomla users)?

Yes...yes...Troester...They all are working...

1. Connection test successful
2. Yes..it is default joomla db
3. Yes...the users exist

In fact other elements of the list are loading and working fine. The only issue is that the element with user plugin shows only the joomla user id and not the name of the user who submitted the form. I have tried changing from name, username, email etc. but whatever is the setting in the plugin it loads the joomla user id...

Hi...Troester...Thanks for the pointer...I am extremely sorry I was getting connected to another database which was not joomla default db..I changed the settings and now showing correctly...

Sorry once again...

Just to wrap this one up - the reason it shows the ID and not the name when your table is on a different database is that MySQL doesn't allow cross-database joins. The user element is just a special case of a database join element, which always joins to #__users on the main J! database. So when we load the table with your list on it from a different database, and it wants to join your user eleent to the J! database, we leave out the "LEFT JOIN" part, and just display the value of your user element (the ID), without trying to get the label you are using (name, username, etc) from the J! table.

This is a compromise that lets Fabrik function with tables on different databases.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back