static headers

gstyles

Good day all, I am in the process of creating a catalogue for a plant nursery and so far so good. However a small glitch has presented itself, If the customers make a search for whatever, the list produced is quite normaly larger than the page, no problem to scroll down a little to see all the list but the headers "colour,genus,foliage colour,etc" scroll off the page. Now to me this is normal but the client says most people will not remember what they are seeing as several of the fields are yes / no type. Is there a method within Fabrikar to freeze the headers at the top of the page so that the various field identification can still be seen? I hope that make sense. Thanks GWS.

If you know your way in CSS, you may want to try adding a "position: fixed;" to the "fabrik___heading" class in your template. I just quicly tried this and it works. However, you'll have to tweak other things as adding this is changing the width of the headers, but it does "freeze" the heading so you can scroll your table.

I'm thinking of adding this as a built in option, to 'pin' the headers in place.

But I need to consult with Rob, as he's Mr CSS, just to make sure that's the best way of doing it.

-- hugh

Well I had a go as per jfquestiaux suggestion and did indeed get the header to fix in place but the resulting distortion of the table was beyond my skills to fix. Thanks for your help,I'll wait until an expert can do it.

this is actually very difficult to achieve, I've not really found a solution which is totally acceptable.
The idea is to put the data inside a table and the headings inside another. the data table is then wrapped in a div with overflow:auto and a set height applied.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back