Stripe gateway features

prophoto

I've read through this thread http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/stripe-best-practices.44865/ and it looks like it will be perfect for processing credit cards for my new project. A couple of questions...
  1. My app would require payments directly to the client so the funds go into their account. It looks like the Fabrik Stripe plugin doesn't allow the use of multiple Stripe API keys. Can this be added by allowing a placeholder into the secret, publishable and dialog fields in the plugin settings?
  2. Is there a wiki page in the works for the Fabrik Stripe Plugin?
  3. Anyone had any issues using it? Stripe nightmares?
  4. Is Apple/Android Pay enabled?

Nope, no multiple API keys. Can you explain the use case a little?

No wiki page yet, we're probably going to make this a paid plugin, and build a tutorial for it.

Not enough people using it yet to hear any nightmares. We use it for a couple of our direct clients, no problems.

No Apple or Android pay, and no plans for it.

-- hugh

I would like the subscribers to my site to be able to receive payments directly. Their clients, who would be paying, will place orders and I don't want to be a middleman with those orders. I will charge the subscribers separately with my Stripe account. From what I read on Stripe I just need their keys to process the cards.

One thing to note about the Stripe plugin is that it isn't (yet) set up to choose products dynamically on the form. With the PayPal plugin, for instance, you can let the user select a product and/or quantity, and dynamically calculate the cost during submission. At the moment, the Stripe plugin isn't set up like that. You figure out the cost as the form loads. I built it for a specific use, of charging membership fees, which can be figured out during form load (just look up the current user's membership dues in a table on load). I'll probably add that feature at some point.

It would be possible to make the keys dynamic (probably just the live ones, I don't see much point in making the test keys dynamic), but as it's not something I need, or that I see many other users needing, it's not something I'll be adding unless someone funds the work for their project.

-- hugh

Having the total cost calculated on form load shouldn't be a problem for this project. Can you give me an idea of cost to make the Stripe keys dynamic?

You mentioned placeholders, which would be quicker to implement, but I'm really not keen on encouraging people to put Stripe keys in elements on the form that could be used as placeholders. So it'd pretty much have to be an evaluated expression, where you provide some code to grab them from another table. Which means adding more options, which is just more time consuming.

-- hugh

I understand your concern and thanks for keeping us safe! Would allowing the field to be eval'd be simple, same time/cost estimate?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back