Text Area Element stores wrong data- Bug wherein article stores correctly

ritesh123

Hi All

Text Area Element stores wrong data- This is a Bug wherein article stores correctly.
How to fix the text area issue.

I have a form, wherein i need to store the xml data.
Under Global Configuration>>Text Filters> I have added all user group to be "No Filtering"

When i save the xml data only the first elements "<" gets converted in "123". But is saves correctly in Article Editor. This is consistent with any Editor like ARK, JCE,TinyMice, Code Mirror

I have validated with database also.

Here is the screenshot from Article and Fabrik textarea element

How can strip this "123" with "<"

Thanks!

Attachments

• article_editor.PNG
    article_editor.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 22
  • fabrik_element.PNG
    fabrik_element.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
I can't replicate this. With a textarea element with WYSIWYG set to No, and logged in as a Super Admin (I have that group set to No Filters), it correctly submits and renders XML / HTML tags.

-- hugh

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all the option suggested here.
Even i checked JCE, Tinymice, No Editor and also By disabling all editor

Keeping "No Filtering" to all the Group under "Text Filter"

Still run into same issue.

I also tried keeping magic quotes off at php.ini.

If you see my problem is it is not really stripping problem for xml or html tags. It just strips "<" with "123". Other xml and html tags are coming out well.

Only the first sentence of each line of code get strips with "123"

Any idea @cheesegrits what can be problem. If you can throw some light on this problem

Nope, I'm totally out of ideas. It's not our code doing that.

I've tested with TinyMCE, JCE, Code Mirror, and plain text. There's nowhere in our code we do any kind of replacement like that on tags. The only time we touch the content of a textarea is if you've enabled truncation, and even then we don't replace anything.

-- hugh

Hi, i dropped the table and recreated the table with same set of elements and it worked.
Not sure what happened earlier.. Thanks for support

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back