Time shifts in the date field when editing any other field using Inline Edit

Makulia

Hello, Community!

I have reviewed my old problem with date/time and made some tests.

Now I can confirm that the time shift occurs when editing any field, other then date itself, in the list view (Fabrik/Joomla) backend using InlineEdit plugin.

In my case time shifts back after every Inline edit action. Shift = Current time - my TZ (Europe/Moscow).

Time is stored as UTC.

Have anybody replicated this issue?

Please, help! Inline edit function is really awesome and useful but it is completely impossible to use it!

My spec: Fabrik 3.2+latest Github/Joomla 3.3.3

Confirmed.
It's the same in the frontend.
Date element = UTC, inline edit plugin all default.

I have also found that time shifts backwards (- TZ interval set in Joomla options) after editing list record using form via standard or ajax way. Time is stored as Local Time.

I can't replicate this one. With standard editing via form (ajax or non-ajax) the date element is stored and displayed as expected (UTC and local).

Do you invoke form from the fronted or from the list view? I have double checked this case. When invoking form from (list ajax or not), data shows as expected in UTC, but shifts in Local. Verified on two different web-sites.

The chances of fixing anything to do with "store as local" are remote. We are seriously considering removing that option entirely, as the code to support it is an absolute nightmare. When combined with the added complexity of the inline edit code ... ::sigh::.

I am however concerned if you have an issue with standard UTC as the storage, but if Torester can't replicate it, we need to narrow down on what the difference is in y'alls settings.

-- hugh

I also have switched to UTC storage. No need to fix "Store as local" anymore.

But Torester confirms time shift with UTC storage and InlineEdit plugin:
Confirmed.
It's the same in the frontend.
Date element = UTC, inline edit plugin all default.

It is the main problem for now!

OK, that was the confirmation I was looking for.

I've got some paid sub folk needing fixes ahead of you in the queue atm, but I'll try and get to this today.

-- hugh

Can you try with latest github. I've fixed a very similar issue, although it may not fix the inline edit one, but it may have given me the clue I need to fix your issue.

-- hugh

I just tested here, with the inline edit on front and backend, and both store-as-local and GMT seem to be OK, no more TZ shifting.

-- hugh

Hello, Hugh! It is an awsome news! I can use greate InlineEdit again! Fix confirmd, thank you very much!

Cool, glad that worked for you.

Feel free to express your gratitude in the form of a subscription. ;)

(Just joking, but every little helps keep us going)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back