timestamp element show time 6 hours before my time

vaguemind

Vaguemind
hello , i use timestamp element but it shows time in list view 6 hours before my time ? why ?
i set "GMT or Local Server Time" as GMT ?

Confirmed.
MySQL is doing timezone conversions on timestamp columns, I assume Fabrik is doing it additionally (on save?).

I can't see a difference between GMT and Local setting, it's always displaying UTC + 2x my timeszone offset and storing my local time.

I had this problem too a long time ago. What I remember doing to get this solved is to change the server time zone settings of Joomla. It is under Global Configuration > Server > Location settings

actually i changed in global configuration as u mentioned but it is the same , i think its a bug need to be fixed as troester said

Seems to work OK for me. I'm in CST, and it correctly does the TZ offset. I think it may also matter as to what time zone you have MySQL set to.

However, as per @troester's advice, I would use a date element, with "always return today's date". There are a number of issues with the timestamp data time in MySQL. For instance, even when set to "ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" (the "update on edit" feature), it won't update unless one of the fields in the row being saved has actually changed. So you can edit and save a row, and the timestamp won't change if you didn't actually change anything.

We've really only kept the timestamp element around for backward compatibility for people who are already using it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back