Unable to add anything to my database

Tanis

Hello there,

I've been experiencing trouble using Fabrik-form and putting info into my database. I've been trying to solve the problem myself, but i can't seem to get past it.

I can't update my tables either..

I can extract info from the DB but i can't store it..

Hope you can help me !

PS. I'm using 2.0 and on a localhost (if it matters im using wampserver).

Best regards
Tanis

Unless you have a very specific reason not to have the PK auto-incrementing, then yes. If you don't set auto-inc, then you are responsible for assigning the PK value and making sure it is unique. With auto-inc enabled, each new row is automatically assigned a unique value.

-- hugh

Still with a PK and auto_inc. on the same, I get the same error while inserting..

Even when I create a group/element/form/table from the start - I get an error "Store row failed: INSERT INTO"..

I tried following you videomanual, but I still get an error.

Are you running the old 2.0b2 ZIP, or have you updated to the latest SVN of 2.0 (see my sig for SVN details)? There's been about 400+ bug fixes since the last ZIP was built. We're aiming to get a 2.0b3 ZIP out this week.

-- hugh

Yeah, I'm running the 2.02b.

I'm going to update to the latest SVN as soon as possible, and then check again.

Hi again.

I just updated to the latest SVN and still i get an error while inserting.

I tried following your guide on how to create a contactform/table. It manages to create a correct table with the correct elements, but when i try to fill in the form, I get the error:

Store row failed: INSERT INTO ``itdb_firms`` ( `fabrik_internal_id`,`firm_id`,`time_date`,`name`,`cvr` ) VALUES ( '','7812','2008-11-06 10:55:50','Firmname','5596-8912' )

I can see that it doesn't get an 'Id'. 'fabrik_internal_id' is PK en on AI..

Could the error be something about the right access-rights to the file ?
I'm using wamp and running it local on my computer.

This might be an issue with 'strict mode' on Windows MySQL. Try editing your my.ini file, and change strict mode to:

sql_mode='MYSQL40'

... and restart the mysqld. I think the defaults for MySQL on Windows don't like you specifying an empty string for an auto-incrementing PK.

-- hugh

What about linux users who phase the same problem?
I don't think that the problem has to do with O.S., but with the way Fabrik deals with the MySQL database..

I didn't say it was an OS problem. It's simply that the default Windows install for MySQL sets strict mode, whereas the default install for Linux/UNIX does not. There are similar issues with mixed case table names with the standard Windows install, where the default settings insist on table names being case sensitive.

I've raised a ticket on this one, at some point we'll look at removing the auto-inc PK field from our INSERT statements.

-- hugh

OK, researching this a little more, we removed the PK from the INSERT statement a while back, certainly before 11-06 when Tanis updated from SVN.

Also noticed the 'double quote' issue on the table name:

Store row failed: INSERT INTO ``itdb_firms`` ( `fabrik_internal_id`,`firm_id`,`time_date`,`name`, `cvr` ) VALUES ( '','7812','2008-11-06 10:55:50','Firmname','5596-8912' )

... which we also fiuxed a long time ago.

Tanis - can you try editing and saving your table on the Fabrik backend? No need to change anything, just save it. Also make sure that the fabrik_internal_id (probably called 'id' on the dropdown) is set as the auto-inc PK on that page.

-- hugh

Hi,

I am having the same issue as mentioned in this threat. Can't save to db/table and the double quotes.

Using lates svn.

Any other suggestions?

Same problem -just updated from svn on 1.21.2009

My error:
Store row failed: INSERT INTO `jos__fb_contact_sample` ( `time_date`,`first_name`,`last_name`,`email`,`phone`,`Interestedin`,`Copy of Interestedin`,`SecurityCheck`,`message` ) VALUES ( '2009-01-23 07:00:00','Harmony','Coburn','harmony@sitebuildernow.net','3607211017','Fishing','Summer|-||-||-||-||-|','kpjyjv','Testing the form to see if I can duplicate the error Lucas mentioned.\r\n\r\nHarmony' )

Hi,

I am having the same issue as mentioned in this threat. Can't save to db/table and the double quotes.

Using lates svn.

Any other suggestions?

@sitebuildernow - if you run the query in phpmyadmin what error do you get - at a guess I would say that you dont have a field in the database called `Copy of Interestedin` try editing that record and renaming the element (use the latest svn as up till recently renaming `Copy of......` was not correctly working

@omar
use phpmyadmin, edit jos_fabrik_tables and ensure that for the the 'db_table_name' field for table you are trying to save to has text like

Code:
mytablename

and not

Code:
`mytablename`

the second way was how we were recording the name but this is no longer true.

Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back