Unable to connect to the database

rosede

Filipino Students First Foundation, Inc
I made a mistake, and needed to recover from backup. I use Akeeba to backup my Joomla development sites. I recovered from the most recent backup, but now I'm not able to connect to the database.

I don't see anything wrong in the connections settings. It's pretty basic. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Daryl

did you open and re-save the Fabrik connection?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

did you open and re-save the Fabrik connection?

I did and Iget this error:

An error has occurred.
0 Call to undefined method FabrikWorker::encryptCipher()

I press "Test Connection", and I get "Error, Unable to connect".

Daryl

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-08-06 19-11-57.png
    Screenshot from 2017-08-06 19-11-57.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 36
I just run into it, too. There was a short time with this issue in the code. You can
download the recent Fabrik 3.7 package and install
or do a GitHub update
or edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/connection.php and comment out line 177,178
or wait for Farik3.7.1

I just run into it, too. There was a short time with this issue in the code. You can
download the recent Fabrik 3.7 package and install
or do a GitHub update
or edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/connection.php and comment out line 177,178
or wait for Farik3.7.1

Sorry, but that did not help. I'm still receiving the same error.

Daryl

what 'didn't help'?

I'm sorry, I was trying to squeeze in a few minutes of work, before going to work, and I posted a quick reply without thinking through what I was typing. :(

After I posted my reply, I realized that you had given me three options, and I only tried one, commenting out lines 177 & 178 (178 was already commented out). That was what I had tried and that was what did not work for me.

I think what I will do is to completely wipe out my work, then restore from my latest Akeeba backup using kickstart. That will lay down a fresh DB and all of the code. What I did yesterday was restore over the top of my current installation.

It may be a day or two before I get the chance to try another restore. If that doesn't help, then maybe I'll redownload 3.7 and re-install, hopefully that will work.

Thank you.

Daryl

It's two lines to comment out, encrypt and decrypt, maybe the line numbers are one off.
You can have a look in Github or in the downloaded package for which lines exactly.

you can install Fabrik over your existing work, don't uninstall.

It's two lines to comment out, encrypt and decrypt, maybe the line numbers are one off.
You can have a look in Github or in the downloaded package for which lines exactly.

you can install Fabrik over your existing work, don't uninstall.

Thank you. I'll try commenting out encrypt/decrypt first. If that doesn't help, then I'll try to re-install Fabrik.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Daryl

I don't have access to my work, but I'm still poking around looking at the code on Github. I see lines 177 & 178 are already commented out.

/**
$encryptedPassword = FabrikWorker::encryptCipher($data['password']);
$decryptedPassword = FabrikWorker::decryptCipher($encryptedPassword);
*/

I guess I was off on my line count, I commented out line 181.

$data['password'] = $crypt->encrypt($data['password']);

Since lines 177 & 178 are already commented out, that means that really won't solve my issue. I must have broke something else when I restored.

I'll re-install Fabrik 3.7 and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Daryl

Attachments

• 8-7-2017 7-38-17 AM.jpg
    8-7-2017 7-38-17 AM.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 37
A quick update. I was able to re-install Fabrik 3.7, but I'm still not able to connect to the database. The FabrikWorker::encryptCipher() error went away, but I'm still getting the "Unable to connect" error. I decided to remove that connection and setup a new one, but I still get the "Unable to connect" error.

Thanks

Daryl

The "unable to connect" error almost always means your default site connection on Fabrik (to the same database Joomla uses) is not configured correctly.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hugh,

I've made it passed that error. Apparently I needed to make the connection the default. Once I checked that box, I was able to successfully test the connection.

However, because I had deleted the original connection and created a new connection. my lists and forms are not able to access the data. Where do I change the connection for the lists, forms, etc...?

An error has occurred.
1 Connection ID # is unpublished or trashed

Thanks

Daryl

you must fix this directly in the database with e.g phpmyadmin.
Edit #_fabrik_connections and set the id ( usually =1)

you must fix this directly in the database with e.g phpmyadmin.
Edit #_fabrik_connections and set the id ( usually =1)

That worked. Thank you.

Daryl

Hello.

I was facing a problem like this with a fresh Joomla install.
Fabrik was installed with alternative method, by using fabrik-master.
All done, but no connection. Problem fixed with this action: set the saved connection as default in Fabrik -> Connections

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back