Unable to download big files

HTTP ERROR 500 when I try to download a ZIP file by a download script, and that was uploaded by a non-ajax uploader.
The file size is over 300MB which I think is the problem, given that smaller ZIPs work fine.

Without the download script, it works fine, however I cannot have the icon as a placeholder for downloads (or can I?) and it shows the file name.

I increased the max file size of PHP to well over 500MB and increased memory to 256MB.

I tried looking through fileupload.php and js for some inspiration, but I'm clueless where the problem is.

PS I disabled the security check because it kept rejecting the file (the zip contains many extensions)

Try increasing memory to 500+.

The problem is that we read the whole file into memory before we serve it, so you need file size + J!/Fabrik size.

One of these days I'll look at chunking the download, so we just read / output a certain buffer size at a time.

-- hugh

Meh, I decided to go ahead and do this, as I have a client who will probably need it anyway.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/85c30e435138b57b1966e02ca4ad440409423f76

So if you feel brave, do a full github update (see wiki). Use Akeeba and make a full site backup first.

The new code streams the file in 1mb chunks, rather than reading the whole thing into memory.

I've tested it with a 100mb file, both with local storage and S3 storage (in public and private mode).

-- hugh

that is correct. the new github code works, while increasing the memory to 1024mb gave me a different error:
This site can?t be reached
The webpage at http://localhost/index.php/it/?opti...mid=75&rowid=105102&repeatcount=0&ajaxIndex=0 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

it's a virtual machine in virtualbox for a small office archive, running lubuntu, php7.1, (tested with both RAM 1GB and RAM 2GB). I ran the daily backup on a more powerful computer to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue.

Hope it helps, if you need more information, don't hestitate to contact me.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back