unexpected message on field validation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

using tab template, I get an unexpected message (" opts="{notice:true}">) prior to the yellow triangle saying the field has an error (see screenshot item #1).

Also the field part is not aligned with the label (see screenshot item #2). I have to add the following in the custom css. Shouldn't it be included in the regular css ?
Code:
#form_16 #group48 .fabrikLabel {
    float: left;
}

is this with Joomla 3.x or 2.5 - is it the bootstrap_tab template if its Joomla 3.x?

Using J2.5 with the regular beez template so far. Forgot to say that there is a regex validation plugin on this field. Looks like I forgot also to include the screenshot....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 376
ahhh I think that may be to do with us not dealing correctly with the ' " ' in the error message, could you confirm you don't get the issue, if you remove the quotes from the error message?

Yes indeed, I confirm. The strange "message" does no longer appear. I can live with that if your have more urgent threads...
However, the validation fails even if the text is correctly keyd in. Here is my regex :

Code:
/^[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}$\|^omnidir$/

Which intent to be 34-12 or "omnidir".

the "isemail" validation fails also on what it is supposed to be a regular mail.....See screenshots. Was working on 2.11. Any new behavior on these ones ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 367
Yes indeed, I confirm. The strange "message" does no longer appear. I can live with that if your have more urgent threads...
However, the validation fails even if the text is correctly keyd in. Here is my regex :

Code:
/^[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}$\|^omnidir$/

Which intent to be 34-12 or "omnidir".

the "isemail" validation fails also on what it is supposed to be a regular mail.....See screenshots. Was working on 2.11. Any new behavior on these ones ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 334
is there a particular reason you are using joomla 2.5 with fabrik 3.1, its not a combination I test a lot, I just set it up and i see that there are a lot of issues which are not present if you use joomla 3.1.

ah well you are posting in the Fabrik3.1 forum - hence my confusion!
I think I've fixed the quote issue.
I'm no good with regex, but a simple test of
Code:
/[0-9]/
failed the validation if I enter 'abc', and succeeds if I enter '123', so perhaps there is something specific in your regex you need to look at altering.

I tested the email validation and that seems to be working as well.

Does your form use ajax validations? If so are you getting a js error which might be stopping them from working correctly?

Also, I think your regex is wrong, you shouldn't be escaping that vertical bar. Try:

Code:
/^[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}$|^omnidir$/

-- hugh

Thanks to both of you as the regex needed also some tuneup ! Email validation is now working as expected also. This thread is Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back