Update Joomla to 3.5, update Fabrik to 3.4 : form broken

fabrikg09

Just did these updates. The Fabrik contact form I built is now broken, and it generates a 404 with this error:

1267Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT *, e.name AS name, e.id AS id, e.published AS published, e.label AS label,e.plugin, e.params AS params, e.access AS access, e.ordering AS ordering FROM #__fabrik_elements AS e INNER JOIN #__extensions AS p ON p.element = e.plugin WHERE group_id IN (1,2) AND p.folder = "fabrik_element" AND e.published != -2 ORDER BY group_id, e.ordering

Anyone have a clue as to what's gone wrong?

TIA for your help. I'm sure glad this site is still under development...

I'm sure glad this site is still under development...

For future reference, never do a J! update on a live site without testing. Always clone it with Akeeba and test first.

-- hugh

"You'll also need to do a github update. Make sure you do a full backup first."

After having read the post you referred to, it's obvious that I did indeed fall for the Joomla! "update" message, thinking this was a minor update.

After having examined the entire site, which is running about a half-dozen extensions, the only thing that is broken is the Fabrik form. I also tried to create a new form, using the Fabrik version installed - 3.4, I think. This also doesn't work at all.
Will the Github update for Fabrik restore Fabrik's functionality under Joomla! 3.5?

NB: Akeeba Backup apparently has some issues with Joomla! 3.5, as well. On the same site, Akeeba installed routinely, but after having attempted the first Backup, it totally trashed the site and threw repeated 500 server errors which required a manual uninstall via phpMyadmin to repair.

Last edited:
Just thought I would confirm that your advice posted elsewhere on this forum to address this issue, that is, running the query from the phpMyadmin panel,

ALTER TABLE #__fabrik_elements CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

resolved the issue for me. Thank you so much for your help! This has saved me a lot of headaches...

Ah, we actually fixed that issue without the need to change collation. the fix is in the 3.4.3 release build, and in github.

-- hugh

Just update via Joomla update manager.
If you want to use GitHub you can use the "build343" branch.

The joomla3 branch may have issues at the moment because of many JS modifications, don't use it on a live site.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back