Upgrade failed for JUser

Duke3D

Upgraded a Fabrik site from 3.4.3 to 3.6 using Joomla updater.

Two updates failed - one because rest/fabrikOAth.php file was missing - solved by copying from GitHub.

The other reports:
"Fatal error: Access level to PlgFabrik_FormJUser::getFieldName() must be public (as in class PlgFabrik_Form) in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\fabrik_form\juser\juser.php on line 1031"

I tried a full reinstall of Fabrik 3.6 but that did not resolve the issue.

The Joomla Updater still reports that an upgrade from 3.4.3 to 3.6 is needed for Fabrik form: juser
http://fabrikar.com/update/fabrik31/plg_form_juser.xml
and repeated attempts to clear cache, find updates and then update this plugin produces the Fatal Error above.

I don't know how to address this kind of error. Specific steps appreciated.

Last edited:
A reinstall of Fabrik3.6 won't help, jUser is not part of Fabrik core (=3.6 package).

Did you try to clear all installation caches and do the juser update again?
or
download the jUser plugin and install
or
do a GitHub update

There have been some other reports of update issues with jUser but it's not clear why.

That's odd. The getFieldName() funciton was moved out of juser last year:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/1963cd9cefb22fe727c87c9435e9d10aa9a971ad

And the 3.6 version of the juser plugin code doesn't have it. I just downloaded the 3.6 juser plugin ZIP and checked.

When do you get that error? I'm assuming when you submit / load a form which has juser on it, not when you update?

-- hugh
Its on upgrade using the Joomla automatic updater so I have no clue why that function should be fired. All the other 3.6 updates applied just fine. Yes, I have cleared the cache.

In going from 3.4.3 to 3.6 (the form is used once a year) so perhaps there is an interim file removal that was skipped over.

Yeah, I can't see why that code would try and run during an update. Have you tried just doing a github update?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back