Upgrading from 1.04 to 1.06

logopunch

Hi all,

I have installed already 1.0.4 I am trying to update to 1.0.6 Joomla 1.0.12
When trying to install the zipped files I receive an error message Failed.

I can not find instructions any help appreciated please.

Regards

John:confused:

Are you trying to use the J! installer? If so, that's not how to upgrade. Grab the 'patch' version of the ZIP, un-ZIP it and ftp the content up to your server, overwriting existing files.

-- hugh

1.0.06 update

Thanks Hugh, That worked for me... however still have one problem (well one I am aware of) at the top of the Fabrik screen I have all this code.

Any ideas as what I should do to get rid of it ??

Thanks John

Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_akismet_key\', \'\', " * If you want to use Akismet anti-spam for form submissions, you will need \n an Akismet key, which involves signing up for a WordPress blog, see: \n http://faq.wordpress.com/2005/10/19/api-key/")Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_use_highslide\', \'0\', " * Set to 0 to use slimbox.js for image effects. Free for all usage. \n Set to 1 to use the highslide.js effects for images. \n NOTE that HighSlide is not free for commercial use, see: \n http://http://vikjavev.no/highslide/#licence")Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_use_addCustomHeadTag\', \'1\', " * 1: Default. Will use Joomla\'s addCustomHeadTag for including Javascript \n and CSS files. \n 0: If for some reason your JS and CSS files are not being included on the \n page, it is likely that your template or some other component is causing \n problems with output buffering, and the HTML \'head\' section has already been \n output by the time Fabrik is invoked. In which case, you can set this value \n to 0, and Fabrik will use a simple \'echo\' instead. The page won\'t conform \n to strict standards, but should function.")Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols\', \'1\', "1: This will change the structure of your tables to match the element types you have selected in fabrik \n this ensures the maxium compatibility between fabrik and your database table. Use if you have created all your tables \n from within fabrik \n 0: This will leave the existing structure in place - Often useful if you have created a database out side of fabrik \n and want to maintain its structure")Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_wysiwyg_label\', \'0\', "1: When editing an element, this will show the wysiwyg editor for the elements label \n 0: shows a simple field")Unknown column \'description\' in \'field list\' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_settings (`setting_name`, `setting_value`, `description`) VALUES (\'fbConf_wysiwyg_label\', \'0\', "1: When editing an element, this will show the wysiwyg editor for the elements label \n 0: shows a simple field")

Hmmmmm.

Do you have phpMyAdmin handy?

If so, can you check that you have a jos_fabrik_settings table, and that it has a 'description' column in it?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh Thanks for your help so far I really appreciate it.
I may be getting out of my depth here but will keep trying as long as you are able to give me the time. I have checked the Database and there is a table there as you described but now description column. attached is an image

Regards John

Attachments

• jos table.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 255
OK, I'm not quite sure why those fields are missing, but you should be able to add them by hand in phpMyAdmin.

You need to new columns:

description, type text, allow NULL
description, type tinyint(1), allow NULL

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back