Upgrading J2.5/F3.0 to J3/F3.1 - CDD-s need re-edit

Jaanus

Super Moderator
Is there some differences between param names in cascadingdropdown element for F3.0 and F.3.1?
I made a copy of my testsite that is originally J2.5/F3.0. Installed J3.1.1 using the same database (just another table prefix) and then copied all data from F3.0 tables #__fabrik (fabrik_lists etc) to the F3.1.1 ones.

Generally everything seems to works normally but I had to open, edit and save one by one every CDD. These elements had lost their value, label and FK params.

There's no difference in the parameter names . Might be the change in table prefix though that cause the issue?

Not sure at all as the tables that Fabrik shows are usually without the J prefix.
Hmm, excluded joomla content and categories... should verify

The things are even worse. Some lists are refusing to show data and even to open their admin form. Can't add new elements. Can't edit some earlier created elements. HTTP error 500 is displayed instead.
New list/form/groups created with this version and their elements let themselves edit but as I said, impossible to create new elements.
Github update is the latest I got around midnight May 23/24

We obviously need to look in to this.

Plan is to put out a 3.0.8.1 within the next week, so once that's done, and we have a 3.0.8.1 tag, I'll look at building a test site with that, and updating it to 3.1.

-- hugh

There's no difference in the parameter names .
But there are some differences inside params. See i.e how the field names are represented:

Before editing with F3.1 (as it is in F3.0):
Code:
{"cascadingdropdown_connection":"1","cascadingdropdown_table":"38","cascadingdropdown_id":"treg_inim_org_aadress___city","cascadingdropdown_label":"treg_inim_org_aadress___city","cascadingdropdown_label_concat":"","cascadingdropdown_observe":"554","cascadingdropdown_key":"treg_inim_org_aadress___treg_inim_org_id","cascadingdropdown_filter":"","cascadingdropdown_showpleaseselect":"0","cascadingdropdown_noselectionlabel":"","cascadingdropdown_readonly_link":"0","show_in_rss_feed":"0","show_label_in_rss_feed":"0","use_as_fake_key":"0","use_as_rss_enclosure":"0","rollover":"","tipseval":"0","tipsoverelement":"0","tiplocation":"top","labelindetails":"1","labelinlist":"0","comment":"","view_access":"1","encrypt":"0","can_order":"0","alt_list_heading":"REsid.","custom_link":"","custom_link_indetails":"1","use_as_row_class":"0","include_in_list_query":"1","icon_folder":"0","icon_hovertext":"1","icon_file":"","filter_access":"1","full_words_only":"0","filter_required":"0","filter_build_method":"0","filter_groupby":"text","inc_in_search_all":0,"inc_in_adv_search":"1","tablecss_header_class":"","tablecss_header":"","tablecss_cell_class":"","tablecss_cell":"","sum_on":"0","sum_label":"Sum","sum_access":"1","sum_split":"","avg_on":"0","avg_label":"Average","avg_access":"1","avg_round":"0","avg_split":"","median_on":"0","median_label":"Median","median_access":"1","median_split":"","count_on":"0","count_label":"Count","count_condition":"","count_access":"1","count_split":"","custom_calc_on":"0","custom_calc_label":"Custom","custom_calc_query":"","custom_calc_access":"1","custom_calc_split":"","custom_calc_php":"","validations":[],"join_val_column_concat":null}

After editing with 3.1
Code:
{"cdd_display_type":"dropdown","cascadingdropdown_connection":"1","cascadingdropdown_table":"38","cascadingdropdown_id":"treg_inim_org_aadress.city","cascadingdropdown_label":"treg_inim_org_aadress.city","cascadingdropdown_label_concat":"","cascadingdropdown_observe":"554","cascadingdropdown_key":"treg_inim_org_aadress.treg_inim_org_id","cascadingdropdown_filter":"","cascadingdropdown_showpleaseselect":"0","cascadingdropdown_noselectionlabel":"","cdd_join_label_eval":"","cascadingdropdown_readonly_link":"0","show_in_rss_feed":"0","show_label_in_rss_feed":"0","use_as_fake_key":"0","use_as_rss_enclosure":"0","rollover":"","tipseval":"0","tiplocation":"top","labelindetails":"1","labelinlist":"0","comment":"","view_access":"1","view_access_user":"","list_view_access":"1","encrypt":"0","can_order":"0","alt_list_heading":"REsid.","custom_link":"","custom_link_indetails":"1","use_as_row_class":"0","include_in_list_query":"1","always_render":"0","icon_folder":"0","icon_hovertext":"1","icon_file":"","filter_length":"20","filter_access":"1","full_words_only":"0","filter_required":"0","filter_build_method":"0","filter_groupby":"text","inc_in_adv_search":"1","filter_class":"input-medium","tablecss_header_class":"","tablecss_header":"","tablecss_cell_class":"","tablecss_cell":"","sum_on":"0","sum_label":"Sum","sum_access":"1","sum_split":"","avg_on":"0","avg_label":"Average","avg_access":"1","avg_round":"0","avg_split":"","median_on":"0","median_label":"Median","median_access":"1","median_split":"","count_on":"0","count_label":"Count","count_condition":"","count_access":"1","count_split":"","custom_calc_on":"0","custom_calc_label":"Custom","custom_calc_query":"","custom_calc_access":"1","custom_calc_split":"","custom_calc_php":"","validations":[]}

Hi again,
a temporary solution seems to be this update query in phpmyadmin:
UPDATE`xxxxx_fabrik_elements`SET`params`=REPLACE(`params`,'___','.')WHERE`plugin`='cascadingdropdown'

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back