Uploading a filename named with Greek characters

alexisk

Hi to everyone!

First of all I would like to congratulate on all the Fabrik team for a wonderful extension!! ;D

Now,a small problem.
I have a form in which I am using file upload element.
On the frontend everything works ok and I am able to upload a file.The path and the filename are saved correctly in the database.
The problem is that the filename that is saved in the folder that I have specified is no longer usable since the filename has changed to "strange" symbols.
Here is what I mean

original filename -->???????????.doc saved filename ---> ????????????±?ƒ?„??????.doc

The table view shows the correct filename.
All greek characters are completely messed-up.Numbers and english characters have no problem.

I would appreciate some help on this.
(all the above with Fabrik 1.0.5)
Thanks,

Unfortunately this is somewhat outside of Fabrik's scope, and I think will depend on what character encoding and locale setting you have on the server itself.

Out of interest, does the same thing happen if you upload files through J!'s media manager? If not, there may be some clues in the J! code we can pick up and apply to Fabrik.

-- hugh

If you just need to see the whatever are called ????????????±?ƒ?„??? values add before your query
SET NAMES 'utf8';
SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';

otherwise if you want the greek or any utf 8 encoding by default you have to config mysql (in order to store greek to mysql from joomla). go to my.ini and set default-character-set=utf8 for server and client.!!! back up you data base !!!!!
check this out.
http://forums.kayako.com/f56/greek-characters-mysql-do-not-show-resolved-13448/

BUT even if you do that the fabrik export to csv still not working properly with greek. i get the title of the csv in greek(table name) but the content has ????????????±?ƒ?„??? values

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back