Urgent problem: element content is changed by the system

florisjan

I try to explain my problem.:confused:

On my site I give registered persons the possibility to change information in my database.

The registered persons are users in Community Builder and I use in the changing proces their ID and a item called codewg.

There is a table/list (name A) that has some elements: one is called codewg (this is the same item as in CB), User-id (is the same as ID in CB) and one is called polisnrwg.

There is an other table/list (name B) that has several elements: one is called codewg (indeed the same), polisnrwg (the same as in the other list).

Both lists are joined left ON polisnrwg

When a user is logged in he get the list (name B with is joined with A).
He can change some elements and submit the changes, then the whole record in this list disappears!.???
I found out why and the reason is that the item polisnrwg is changed somewhere to a random ??

The element polisnrwg is a textfield, only accessable by special (Super User). I tried to make it read only but that didn't change the problem.

Is there anybody of the developpers that can give me a clue??

Quick thoughts:

If the polisnrwg value is being changed it may be because when you are trying to re-write the joined records, the value of polisnrwg is 'not-readable' by your logged-in user, so results in Fabrik trying to write a record with a null value...

Does the value of polisnrwg get changed in both tables, or just one?

Is it possible to provide access to the system or if not can you provide screenshots of the table structures?

Both lists are joined left ON polisnrwg
As far as I know in fabrik one of the joined elements has to be a primary key.
There's an explanation from Hugh somewhere in a thread.

I have downloaded the list as csv and found out that the value of polisnrwg is changed in one list (A) and not in (B).

I also saw that fabrik writes a new record and I hoped it would changed the existing record, because at the end I have to export this list and then I export records as they are before and after the change!

I can give you access to the system if you like to help me.

florisjan.

I can take a quick look tomorrow if you PM me a login. I can't promise anything, but it sounds as if the joins are not quite set up correctly for what you are wanting to do.

As Troester says, one end of the join should be a PKey, but that does not mean you cant link and filter on another value...

I should be free for a while around 10:45 GMT tomorrow if that is any good.

It definitely sounds like a PK / FK issue.

This is indeed a known and somewhat thorny issue in our join code.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back