user can't update info on form

selena

Hi All,
I've linked a form to the main menu and user can fill it in and update later. I have an update link on the main menu which was working until our admin guys migrated my site without warning. What happens now is when the user logs in and clicks on update they can view their info in the table format .. but if they click on edit a bank form comes up (previously this form was full of thier info).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Selena

I'd try editing the main Fabrik connection and saving it - perhaps your admin's changed database details as well?

Thanks Rob ... had to start all over again ... they corrupted the database and then wiped all my info from the back up ... then created a new empty database and did not give me access to edit it ARGGHHH ... fixed now ... and I'm geting better at making forms too.

Now I have a new problem.

I want the registered user to be able to update their form. Previously when they hit the update link I made to the table from the mail menu there was a hot link on the table to 'edit' or to 'delete' the registered user's data.

Everything is coming in the table view the same as last time ... except these 2 important functions ... I am sure there is a simple fix. Can you help?

Something I have found odd ... I open up table, link table to the main menu. When I go back after saving there is no link to the main menu under table, but thre is an extra link under form. I've redone the link 4 times and this happens every time.

I want the registered user to be able to update their form. Previously when they hit the update link I made to the table from the mail menu there was a hot link on the table to 'edit' or to 'delete' the registered user's data.

I've fixed this first problem! I had on one of the elements checked the options to link to detailed view. Once I turned this off my edit function was again available at the end of the table.

NOTE TO SELF ... time we considered NOT making fabrik_internal_id automatically 'link to details', as this can cause similar confusion as per this thread.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back