user group field in the list and filter

joomlamate

I have my users registration form and the fabrik user list.
I need to show also the usergroup in the list and also have a filter for usergroups.
I would prefer to have a field with the group id inside my list, so later I can grab it easily in other lists.
I tried the usergroups elements, but it doesn't seem to work.
What is the best method to do this ?

Can you fill out your My Sites info so I can take a look at your setup?

If I recall you were setting up a form on your actual J! users table, but I'm not sure that's the route you went. So I really need to se how you have things set up before offering any advice.

-- hugh

I created a registration list in fabrik, following your instructions - using the juser plugin and synchronizing the joomla users with my fabrik users table.

ok, i m uploading this on my server, as there are (and will be) more questions/issues... I will let you know when it's online.

I added the needed information on My Sites Info.
What is the most efficient way to have the group id / group title of each user in my list, so I can create database joins from other lists based on the usergroups ?
Should I create a join between my userlist and the joomla usergroups ? Or is there other better way ?

So how to handle this ?
By creating a join between the list and the usergroups table, I can have the usergroups in my list. The problem is when editing a record. Although I added twice the JUser form plugin, with different settings for the usergroup on new and on edit, when I try to save I keep getting MySQL error:
Error: 0 SQL=UPDATE `zi2e5_user_usergroup_map` SET `user_id`='330',`group_id`='2' WHERE

Can you guys help, I am stuck with this for days and I can't make any progress

Well, my setup contains users in multiple groups. But it is something that I can change.
My setup is like this:

Registered Users ->Child Group A (organization users) -> Child Group B (organizations admins).

Organizations Admins will be able to create/manage a single record with their organization main info from a fabrik list, and also will be able to see organization users activity.

In registration form, I have a dropdown where users select if they are organizations admins, or simple organization users and choose their organization from dropdown (it is also a database join element).

So, eventually all users can belong to one of the groups.

Assuming the value (key, id) of this dropdown is holding the Joomla group id it should do with assigning this dropdown element as "User group field" element in the juser plugin.

Use only one juser plugin (I really don't know if using two is working), you may set different element access levels for add and edit.
Don't join your list to #__user_usergroup_map.

what is the correct placeholder to get each user's group (also visible in the list)?

-- or using the database join element, trying to make a where query, so the dropdown will return the user's current group... I have no success so far...

Got it.
Here it is for anyone else:

WHERE `jos_usergroups`.`id` IN (SELECT `jos_user_usergroup_map`.`group_id` FROM `jos_user_usergroup_map` WHERE `jos_user_usergroup_map`.`user_id`= {mylist___userid})

Use only one juser plugin (I really don't know if using two is working), you may set different element access levels for add and edit.

I can confirm that using more than 1 JUser plugins on form is working fine.
I currently use 3, for the different scenarios of form submission, where I expect different things to happen on the Users list.
1. New user front-end.
2. Front-end Edit.
3. Backend administrator New/Edit.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back