User has a value of 0

ahmedo

Something interesting happened.

I deleted a user from Joomla User Management. In my Fabrik Table, one of the fields is user field (which is I think a plugin within Fabrik). My PHPAdmin still shows this user value in my Fabrik table (example 600). My Fabrik List shows empty (not 0 or NULL). I used DB Replacer from Regular labs to replace all of my records with user ID 600 to 620 (example). My PHPAmin shows user has a value of 620 in the same table (which is what I want), however when I list the table both front-end and backend, I see now user has a value of 0 (zero). What gives?

Thanks.

This is working fine on my site.
Are you sure your list is showing the correct column?

This why I am very confused. Both PHPMyAdmin and DB Replacer displays the new USER ID that I put. But not Fabrik when I display the list. If it worth mentioning, that if I replace an existing USER-ID (not empty) with another one, Fabrik does display it right. The problem is that there is no way I could even manually replace these 0 ides, as PHPMyAdmin shows a non-zero ID.

Well, more time to spend.

Attachments

• userid_0.png
    userid_0.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 26
Which list is it, and is it on the "Playground" site? If not, can you add the site to your My Sites. I'd like to take a look at the debug output.

-- hugh

Which list is it, and is it on the "Playground" site? If not, can you add the site to your My Sites. I'd like to take a look at the debug output.

-- hugh
Hi Hugh,

No, it is not from the Playground site. This issue is from a real website that has sensitive information. It is not urgent but will revisit later. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,

No, it is not from the Playground site. This issue is from a real website that has sensitive information. It is not urgent but will revisit later. Thank you.
OK. Obviously there's not much I can do without seeing the site.

The only other simple issue I can think of it might be is caching. If those ids were fixed outside of Fabrik, it's possible we might still be serving up a cached query result. Not likely, after this much time, but possible. We do cache queries, and only clear the cache when you submit a form, or do something else within Fabrik which tells us the underlying table has changed. You could try turning of query caching, in the advanced settings for the List.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

OK. Obviously there's not much I can do without seeing the site.

The only other simple issue I can think of it might be is caching. If those ids were fixed outside of Fabrik, it's possible we might still be serving up a cached query result. Not likely, after this much time, but possible. We do cache queries, and only clear the cache when you submit a form, or do something else within Fabrik which tells us the underlying table has changed. You could try turning of query caching, in the advanced settings for the List.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I appreciate the reply. I will try your recommendation and will update you.

I only wish I could program like some of you, I could do so much. Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall having a similar issue recently. You might also want to take a look at your View Access List settings on group / elements.

List caching:
in list settings "Advanced" tab set "Disable caching"=yes

Element access:
element settings "Access"

Group access:
group settings

Which element plugin (type) is User?
Which settings?

Thank you all for your help. I tried all your suggestions to no avail. I turned Update on Edit (Element/Options which I did not know it exists) on the field itself and manually edited each record one by one. I now have all of the Users with a non-zero value. Fortunately, there were less than 20 records to go through.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back