Using Fabrik on SSL / HTTPS = Unsecure Content Warnings

I have a form that displays in a secure area (HTTPS). In both IE and Chrome, I get warnings stating that there is unsecure content, and the form doesn't load properly until unless I approve the unsecure content.

If I check the source code, it looks like all the URLs injected by fabrik are absolute, so they include the non-secure domain. Is it possible to switch these URL's to a relative format? I think that should eliminate the HTTPS warnings.

I believe you're right, Joomla does have a setting for that. But it looks like Fabrik's CSS & JS URLs are coded in a way that automatically writes them using the Live Site variable found in configuration.php.

When I look at my pages source code, all assets use relative URLs except for the ones generated by Fabrik. Fabrik's are absolute, which means all the CSS and javascript files show up with HTTP://www.domain.com/. This is what's causing the "Insecure Content" error.

I was able to find a work around for this. Admin Tools (by Akeeba) has a feature to force URLs to be written with https when accessed over SSL. It's not ideal, but it works! 8)

Thanks for the feedback and letting us know the work around.

I when through some old posts regarding SSL but these were mainly for Fabrik 2.x and if I'm honest I don't know if that would make a difference.

Rob \ Hugh may have to advise further on this one.

I don't have a server with an ssl cert on to test this, any chance you can PM me ftp details to the site and I will check it out

tx
Rob

Back