validation error occurs element " fileupload "

billannonce

Hi...
I have a form containing :
- An element of type " fileupload " (ajax or not it is the same problem)
- and an element with a validation " noempty " ( for example) it is the same problem with a another element validation).

(after click on SAVE) When a validation error occurs , the element " fileupload " loses the link of the file
It seems that this element " fileupload " be reseter -All data is lost and so in the mysql database

Notification in the console:
" Filuploaded didnt find : alreadyuploaded_92_ \ images \ data \ perso.pdf " utils.js : 13: 8

TypeError : a is null mootools - core.js : 99: 92

Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that working as designed? What I mean is, I think it's normal that you lose the linked file on your Fileupload element if the validation fails. Again, I'm not 100% on this but I'm confident this is how HTML forms work, something to do with security.

What you may want to try is this:

1) Navigate to Components -> Fabrik -> Forms
2) Click on your Form
3) Click the Form Processing tab
4) Enable "Ajax Validation" and "Toggle Submit"
5) Save and close.

What this does is it ensures your elements are validates via Ajax on the fly, if you have any validation errors the Submit button is disabled and the user cannot process the form. If al the validations on the form are OK then the Submit button is enabled.

I hope this helps.

Hi,
In my form, There is no validation control on the element " fileupload ".
The validation control is set in another element type"field" (for example)
This problem occurs on a previously saved form. The element" fileupload " already contains a file stored in the SQL database .

When the validation error occurs in element type"field" (for example) , the element" fileupload " loses its data in fabrik and in the SQL database.

Another thing, the progress bar also disappears

Thanks
upload_2016-4-27_18-9-57.png

Hi,
Precision :
Another thing, the progress bar also disappears
and all elements is reset (yesno : no color/ radiobutton : no color / slider to zero)
and it's impossible to open the calendar on element date...

CONSOLE LOG :
no content option set for window.html mootools-ext.js:157:3
Filuploaded didnt find: alreadyuploaded_579_\images\data\ccpm\perso.pdf mootools-ext.js:157:3
TypeError: el is null mootools-core.js:3366:3 (with mootools-core-uncompressed the variable el is null)

Ligne 3366 in mootools-core.js (uncompressed) :
replaces: function(el){
el = document.id(el, true);
el.parentNode.replaceChild(this, el);
return this;
},

When the error occurs, a Placeholders {tablename___elementname} set in Introduction Form is different...
for exemple the Placeholders of fileupload element :
before validation error : \images\data\ccpm\perso.pdf
after validation error : 10//null
Thanks

Last edited:
I confirm the bug is resolved.
The problem is solved and works perfectly for me .... this pluging "fileupload " work fine.
Thanks again
Fabrik is a really a great Joomla Application Builder.

Back