Validation messages problem

Sadler

Hi,

I have a multi-page form running in a site using Hydrogen/Gantry 5, I have ajax validation turned off.

The forms look and work fine with the exception of the messages I get from the "notempty" validation rule when a field is left empty.

If a field is left empty and the next page button is used, or if the submit button is clicked the validation messages appear and obscure the fields so you can not enter data into them and the only solution is to refresh the form and start over which is annoying when you have already completed 6 pages.

Has anyone had this sort of problem with Hydrogen/Gantry 5 and if so how did you resolve it?

cheers

Burnsy

Looking at this in more detail, the issue seems to be here in the HTML:

Code:
<div class="popover fade top in" style="top: 371px; left: 191.5px; display: block;"><div class="arrow"></div><h3 class="popover-title">Validation</h3><div class="popover-content"><ul class="validation-notices" style="list-style:none"><li><i data-isicon="true" class="icon-eye-open notempty"></i> This is a required field</li><li class="error"><i class="icon-exclamation-sign"></i><span> You must enter an office name or number</span></li></ul></div></div>

If I use the developer tools to make the left value 391.5 px then the block shunts over to the right past the end of the field and the user is then able to amend the field.
Any clues as to how this value is generated/held.

burnsy

I can't replicate this on my Hydrogen / Gantry 5 test forms.

Is this on you test site? If so, the credentials you gave don't work.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back