Value from table (db) not being read into list

bggann

Sigh,

Why me.

Okay - I have a calculated field on a form. It takes 2 "time" element values and calculates the number of hours between them.

It calculates and renders correctly on the form.
When I submit - it writes correctly to the database table (checked in php).
2 further calculated fields that are based upon the it render on the form and write to the table correctly.

When I open the data in list view, this calculated value is 0.0 (not the stored value).
When I open the form view from that list, the calculated value is 0.0 (not the correct value)
The time elements it is based upon are loaded in the list/form correctly.

So - the data is calculated on the form correctly, written to the DB correctly, but not loaded into the list view or subsequent form views correctly

AJAX calcuation is on
Calculate on save only is NO
Calculate on load is NO (since nothing should have changed it, I should just read it from the DB).

Yup, set "Calc on save only" to Yes. Then it should just use the stored value in list view, rather than trying to re-calculate the element for every row being displayed. I suspect the issue may be to do with how the time data is represented internally, between submission and list display.

-- hugh

Thanks - that fixed it. Now if I can just get "SUM" in calculations on the fields to work the way I think they should.....

Reconciling my brain with Fabrik.
Mostly - this is about how the "split on" works in conjuction with filters and group by. I think I was adding too many different parameters (split on + group by). Consequently, I was getting results that did not always reflect what was displayed in the list. I would see a number of records, but the SUM at the bottom did not match the records on the list. That was cause group by was causing breaks in unexpected places. But, I got rid of split on and focused on filters in the list view and I'm getting consistent results that are working quite nicely.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back