Values of Repeat group are not displayed

roelof

On my form, I'm using one Repeat Group. After filling in the form, the user submits and is then taken to a summary page. This summary page is actually a Table View which displays the data entered in the form.

This works fine, as long as the user doesn't use the Add-link to add an extra copy of the Repeat Group. In that case, the values of this group are not showing up in the Table View. The labels are showing, but not the values. By the way, if the user does not click on the Add link, the values are showing up properly.

I'm using Fabrik 1.0.6. Along with the bluesky template as View Only template for this form. The default template doesn't seem to display any values at all, only labels. Hence bluesky.

Can you give me some pointer how I should go about to fix this? Thanks!

The original 1.0.6 ZIP. My hope is the problem can be fixed by adjusting the template. If possible I'd like to avoid upgrading to the unstable SVN, since it's a live site. But on the other hand, if upgrading is the only solution, I guess I'll have to go for it. What's your recommendation?

The 1.0.6 SVN has no unstable "new stuff", it's basically just the bug fixes we've applied since creating the last ZIP. Probably 50 or so minor fixes.

So I'd strongly recommend updating to it. Remember, all you have to do is grab the latest 'trunk' from SVN, export that to a 'clean' copy, and upload those files to your server, overwriting your existing 1.0.6 files. Do NOT attempt to use the Joomla installer, do NOT uninstall and reinstall Fabrik (you will lose your data). Do NOT pass Go, do NOT collect $200. :)

I'm hoping your issues above may go away once you update. If not ... let me know.

Oh, and being a live site, as usual we suggest you backup your db before upgrading, even tho the likelihood of anything going wrong is vanishingly small.

-- hugh

Yes, but I need a day or two to sanity check the fix I just did for Piri (pre-filter / element filter issue), and fix the simple join as well. While fixing the "don't include the table pre-filters on the element join filter query if the element join doesn't reference the main table" thing, I also noticed we aren't including the element's WHERE clause, either.

As this is somewhat twisty code, I need some time to make sure I haven't bjorked anything else in the process of fixing it.

-- hugh

SVN access

I took the SVN version (1055), but the problem remains.

Just to be sure, in the instructions it says: for 1.0.x Fabrik use this URL: fabrik.unfuddle.com/svn/fabrik_fabrik104/1.0.x/trunk. It shouldn't be 106 should it?

If that was correct and I took the right version from SVN, can you give me some other pointers for my problem with the repeating group?

Yup, that's the right SVN repo. We just weren't thinking straight when we first named it.

What element types do you have in the repeat group?

-- hugh

Can you check the underlying table using phpMyAdmin, and see if anything has actually been saved in those element fields?

-- hugh

I see values in the database, they look like this:

value1//..*..//value2

So I guess it's a template problem?

(By the way, this is not from PHPmyadmin but another MySQL tool called SQLyog).

That's what they should look like, indeed. So yeah, it's a problem elsewhere ... I'm begining to think something might be borked in your install, as you said the 'default' template doesn't show anything ... which it most definitely should.

Can you point me at one of the affected tables/forms?

-- hugh

Sorry for my late response. To check, I downloaded Fabrik again and re-installed the default form template. It does show the normal values now, I guess I must have accidentally messed it up at some point. It still doesn't show the values of a repeated group.

I'll send you a PM with the details so you can take a look.

Hugh

Maybe Im wrong but isnt roelof saying that he sees the grouped data in his mySQL admin program as:

value1//..*..//value2

in which case that is expected behaviour.
Or is it that it is being displayed in the table view in this manner?

Cheers
Rob

HI,
I had a similar problem in Fabrik 2.0.
A clue could be that is it a expected behavior if I selected multiple options in a same dropdown ( or radio/checkbox group) but not if I only select a option in a dropdown in different repeated groups...

what do you think?

Hugh

Maybe Im wrong but isnt roelof saying that he sees the grouped data in his mySQL admin program as:

value1//..*..//value2

in which case that is expected behaviour.
Or is it that it is being displayed in the table view in this manner?

Cheers
Rob

The problem I was confirming seeing on his site was that if the form has repeated data, it doesn't show on the read-only form template.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back