View/page not found whenever I hit reset button

Guys,

Whenever I hit Reset button on my form the form fails to reset and the page also does not load. I get an error page with the message: 500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: page, html, fabrikView, You may not be able to visit this page.

I thought its a access rights issue but I have put all rights to public but still I get the error. Does anyone know how to resolve this. I know its something simple I am missing out

Regards
Simon

Can you point me at the page. Reset seems to work OK for me, but could depend on a lot of things.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for fixing this. It works perfect for the reset button.

Sorry to do this again but I think the "Clear" button also has the same issue. I have activate the "Save part-edited records" option under form procession which saves information filled as the form is populated but also comes with a button "Clear". When I hit the "Clear" button I get the same exact error as I was getting previously with the Reset button before you fixed it. 500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: page, html, fabrikView, You may not be able to visit this page.

Please fix this one too I bet its the same issue.

Thanks again for the good work

Regards
Simon

Hmm, nope, that won't be the same issue. The problem with the reset button was that it was trying to do the multi page session clear, when the form didn't have multiple pages.

I'll take a look at the clear button as soon as I can.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sorry, thought I'd responded.

I can't replicate this. On my two test multi page test forms which use sessions, it works as expected.

Can you fill out http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites with a backend login, and any notes I need to find the right form, so I can see this happening.

-- hugh

Ah, it's because you are displaying the form through some other component / module display ... option=com_quix&view=page

If you access the form through a normal Fabrik component menu link or option URL, like index.php&option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=11 and try it, it works.

That's why the problem was with the 'view' being unknown, as when rendered through some other component, this messes with the view settings.

If you want to use the 'clear' feature, you'll need to just render that form through a normal Fabrik menu item.

I've run across similar issues with SP Page Builder as well. I resolved some of them a while back, but suspect there's some similar issues lurking if you try and display Fabrik forms in SP modules / pages.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for the advice. I have tried to use SP page builder it also has other multiple issues. Quix has worked best for me with Fabrik. I have taken your advice and loaded the 2 important forms to a normal Fabrik menu and they work okay. The rest of the forms can do with out that feature. I guess that is my lazy solution at the moment.

Thanks again

Regards
Simon

Sounds like a plan.

I've never tried Quix. Theoretically, our code knows how to work around the issue with views, when Fabrik is displaying something not on a Fabrik page, which is how forms work in things like the content plugin and in modules. But SP, and obviously Quix, do something funky that trips that up under certain circumstances.

If it becomes a problem, I can load Quix up and see if I can work round it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back