What workflow for PayPal payment with registration and file upload?

Okay, you have access now, but not to phpMyAdmin. Let me know if you need that, too. Please see the Notes section for that site.

Last edited:
Hi Hugh -- I created super user credentials for you as requested. I canceled the other developer. He was taking too long to figure out the problem, let alone solve it. So feel free to dig in. Thanks.

Might be a day or two, I'm in the middle of building the 3.8 release, then inevitably there will be a rash of support issues once that goes live, and probably a 3.8.1 build.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. Sooner the better. You're my last resort. I've been dicking around with this form for almost a month. I was supposed to have it up for people to use two weeks ago. Art Submission deadline is Oct 25th.

Btw, I'm still not able to post to the Pro forum. I see in my subscriptions that it still shows my old Bronze sub as being "Active" (which I had from 2011 thru 2014). Plus it shows that my new Pro sub is also active. Maybe the two are conflicting somehow?

Last edited:
Hi Hugh, guess you're too busy to help solve this problem, huh? Can you at least tell me whether the File Upload element will work within a repeat group, or does it have to be completely on its own? I don't see anything in its wiki page regarding use in a repeating group.
--- CORRECTION:
I see on the File Upload element wiki page this text:

"Use AJAX upload - allows to upload multiple files at a time (and per row). An additional database table yourtable_repeat_yourelement will be created when ajax mode is choosen.
NOTE! Until a good solution is found the fileupload element in ajax mode doesn't work within any joined group, repeated or not."

Sounds like a conflict when used in a repeated group, so I turned off the Ajax Upload. Seems to work now. Strange, because I turned this off before. Moving on.

Last edited:
Geez! I tried to update to Fabrik 3.8 which crashed the site. So I had to restore to 3.7. Now the first form in this workflow no longer allows the two form plugins, e.g., Juser and PayPal. If I try to remake a second plugin, it makes the first plugin disappear. If I try to remake the one that disappeared, the other plugin goes away. What is going on? That issue was in the site running on J 3.8.1, which I had upgraded to during the day. So now I am back on J 3.7.5 and everything is back to normal. Both form plugins are there again. A bug, perhaps with F 3.7 in J 3.8?

Last edited:
I think you updated during a very short window where there was a bug in the updater. Sorry about that. I had the update live for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon before discovering the bug. It was updating fine on J! 3.7 and 3.8, but not on 3.8.1.

Try updating to 3.8.1 again, everything should now be copacetic.

For future reference, whenever there is a point release of J! (like 3.7.x to 3.8) you MUST update Fabrik if you update J!, otherwise you'll have that problem with any "repeated" params on the backend, like multiple plugins. J! doesn't support being able to add multiple instances like that, so we have to override one of the built in classes. We've tried submitting PR's on their code to get our little change in there, but ... meh, you don't want to know.

Usually we have a Fabrik update ready to go the day J! updates, but this time round we got caught out (they released ahead of schedule, just after my 2 week trip to the UK), and there was a lot of changes - 3.8 is a "get ready for 4.0" release that changed a lot of internals in J! that we had to code round.

As of this release (3.8), we'll actually warn you if you don't have the right class override for the version of J! you are running, and tell you not to try editing anything in the Fabrik backend until you've updated.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back