Wiki pages printing !!!

Incremental

Hi,
as with old Fabrik Wiki, I would like to print some Fabrik Wiki pages to consult them off-line.
With the new Wiki, there are always :
  • Header,
  • Footer,
  • Right modules
Is there a way to hide them, just to print the Fabrik content ???
or to have a "Print" icon on each page ?

It's annoying to have to do a copy/paste in Word !!! :eek:
Thanks for ideas.
Regards

Don't think so, no. Sorry. We're kind of limited to what XenForo and XenCarta (the wiki addon for XF) provide, which doesn't include printing of just the "main content", as far as I know.

-- hugh

Well this kind of ties back in with my question about custom css - as I find the default css could be made more readable. At the same time we could add @media css to hide the headers etc when printing. Not sure if you found an answer to that one Hugh?

theres no PDF button in joomla (hasn't been for a long time) and honestly I hate the print button in Joomla as well, these things should be handled at a css level, not at an application/php level
Anyway I'll bump Hugh about this one, as I'd like to be able to edit the css

I tried to contribute to the Wiki, but your tool is really bullshit for WYSYWIG and especially for Table of Contents ! (The previous wiki was better)
Ex : I tried to setup titles (no way with the toolbar)
at the botom of the page, titles + links do not correctly render.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/lists/

Why not using a simple (but effective) like the one of www.xbmc.org ???
Drilling down in your Wiki is really confusing, many links are not really "visible".
There are links in the top page + Content title + in the page not indexed in the TOCs

especially for Table of Contents
the toc is automatically generated - you shouldnt need to do anything.
Ex : I tried to setup titles
titles, you use the bbcode [h3] title[/h3] I agree they should be in the wysiwyg editor, but for now they aren't/
Bottom of the page - those are old links guess we should tidy them up.

Why not using a simple (but effective) like the one of www.xbmc.org ???
As we went down that route with mediawiki, and basically it sucks. big time. Managing thousands of pages of spam and crap is just a waste of time. With what we have currently only registered forum users can edit. Whilst its not perfect we really think that its better solution

Drilling down in your Wiki is really confusing, many links are not really "visible".
There are links in the top page + Content title + in the page not indexed in the TOCs
Don't know what you mean?

There are links in the top page + Content title + in the page not indexed in the TOCs​
Don't know what you mean?

I mean that a TOC should be :
  • with a hierarchical numerotation (it insure that you don't miss a part)
  • on the home page of the wiki, with ALL LEVELS
instead of being one or two leavels spread on all pages.
Exploration is not really clear for me as I don't see clearly the documentation structure and sometimes discovered pages wher I never drilled down, because they have a link in the text and not from the TOC

PS : do not be offended by my comments, I try to be constructive.
Publication by registered users is a good thing.
I'm mainly complaining about the module displayed on the right, when you want to print pages.
Copying content in a word document is a hard job, not constructive, if every Fabrik user do it :cool:

Hey I'm not offended. :)

The main (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/) page is not really designed to be a table of contents, is an attempt to bring the main sections to the users' attention.

Its already probably too long winded and hard to view, adding more links in will probably aggravate this. I agree better layout would be nice, but at the moment I don't know how to modify the wiki with regards to adding tables, custom css etc.
The list of content is here http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/special/pages - thats generated by the wiki and contains all pages.

I know this 2nd page.
Having it alphabetically is fine, with an indentation about level :)
It would be nice to have also a view under the main rubrics, with indentation, if it's possible.

It would also be nice to have a page with all empty articles.
Those which are to be completed, or those which have a problem.
Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back