You are not authorised to view this resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barthuszz

Hi,

When I create a form with all the user rights set to public, I keep getting this message in the frontend:

You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.

I use version 1.04.
I found more people with the same problem in this forum but no clear answer.
Could you please help?
I need this component very badly.
Kind regards,

Bart Sallé

Hi Bart

Are you using 1.0.4 from the svn or a snapshot from the downloads section?
Could you post a link to your form?

I have the same issue. I have to log in with my admin account to complete the form. This form did work under 1.0.3, but I had to remake it with 1.0.4 though everything other than the form comes from the 1.0.3 version.

HTML email template looks great though.

In my case, it's a clean install. I was running into the bug in which the Elements screen came up blank, so I uninstalled it completely and re-installed today. I've gone through EVERYWHERE that I can think of that might set the form's permissions, but everything is set to 'Public Frontend'.

Given this thread, I unchecked 'Record Form in Database' in the hopes that that might help, but it hasn't.

If someone wants to PM me some details (URL, admin login), I'll take a look at your site, see if I can see whats going on.

-- hugh

I got your series of PM's, LOL! One of the many reasons I find CB to be more trouble than its worth.

Am finally able to log in to your site, looking at it now.

-- hugh

Well I'm unable to duplicate the problem. I can see and submit the form with no problems as an unregistered, not logged on user.

Did you make any changes since your last post?

-- hugh

I am still having this problem. I tried changing the start publish date to today for the table and the form, but that did not help.

I got your PM's, I'll try and get find time this evening to do check it out.

I just installed the first cut of my new Unfuddle ticket component on this site (not visible to regular users yet tho), working on tidying up a few things before I let y'all loose on it.

-- hugh

Well, there's good news and bad news. I fixed the problem - I don't know what had happened with your original table, but it was refusing to set an auto-incrmeneted primary key. Did you create or modify that table outside of Fabrik?

So I created a new from from scratch, and included your original two groups in it ... and everything worked just fine.

But then when I went to clean up the previous tables, I accidentally blew away your groups and elements.

I've recreated a basic group with just firstname and lastname in it, I can't remember what the rest of the stuff was!

My apologies, you have to recreate your elements ... sorry about that!

But at least the form will display now!

-- hugh

Naturally. It's like when you take a car in because it's making some horrendous noise, but when the mechanic is standing right there the engine purrs like a kitten.

I don't have the foggiest idea what changed between last night and this morning. I didn't change a thing, besides synchronizing CB's user table. I seriously doubt that would have had any impact, so I don't know.

Thank you, though, for checking it out. Hopefully I won't run into it again.

Hugh,

I had created the tables using PMA, perhaps I did something wrong? I can go to a backup and look up the additional fields and remake it. This is how I have always been making my tables so I wonder what the exact issue was so I don't have to remake all the forms. Some of them would be a serious pain to recreate.

Thanks for you help. I wonder why this was not a problem under 1.0.3 but became one with 1.0.4? Regardless I love the new features and would like to adjust my technique to ensure compliance with 1.0.4 and future updates.

The easiest way is just let Fabrik create the table for you when you create the form. I really can't tell what went wrong with the first table, as I didn't have PMA access and couldn't see the table structure. All I could see was the end effect, which was a Catch 22 in the the table rebuild code, which couldn't set a primary key.

-- hugh

The tables made by Fabrik will be part of the Joomla database, which is rarely what I want especially when I want to integrate with other solutions. I will experiement and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back