"You are not authorized..." for validation rules [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookn22

I'm using Joomla 1.0.15 and Rev 811, both were installed pretty recently (a couple days ago).

I made a new validation rule, and when I clicked apply I got the error message, "You are not authorized to view this resource." I am logged in as Super Administrator and I chmoded all files and directories to 777 to see if that was the problem somewhere but it didn't fix it. Now, I get the error message whenever I click on the links to any of the validation rules. Not sure if it was doing this for the default rules before I tried making my own rule.

I have another install of fabrik of an earlier rev (not sure revision specifically, but its around 541) but on joomla 1.0.14 and this error isn't occuring.

Re: "You are not authorized..." for validation rules

Hmmm, I can't duplicate this.

If you want to PM me a backend login, I'll take a look as soon as I get time (but there are three people ahead of you in the queue right now).

-- hugh

That's cool, I'm having a number of other bugs, so I think something is seriously not right somewhere. I'm going to do a reinstall, and if I still have problems I'll pm you my info.

I did a completely fresh install of joomla and fabrik and I'm still getting the validation rule error.

I PM'd you my info, let me know if you need anything else.

Ok, I fixed the error by commenting out the line 'josSpoofCheck();' for every function in admin.fabrik.validationrules.php. I checked my older revision of the site against the current one, and this function was the only major difference... Of course, I have no idea what it does, so I'm not sure if simply commenting it out is a wise thing to do even if it apparently fixes the problem...

hmm there was one instance where josSpoofcheck() shouldnt have been called, which i have removed from the SVN, however the others are necessary .
josSpoofCheck() was added by joomla to ensure that people were submitting the form and not some random kiddy script

Looks like that fixed it for me, thanks for the quick updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back