Fabrik 3.5.2 is now available to download. Read the blog for highlights about this release.
As always, please back up your site prior to updating and if possible test in a dev environment first.
Also, our 3.5.1 package file was hacked, the effected dates were 1/15/2017 - 1/17/2017. If during those days you downloaded the 3.5.1 package file from the JED or our site download page, please re-install the package with a fresh copy or upgrade to Fabrik 3.5.2. Github downloads were not effected.
There are three scenarios that are possible when upgrading. Please choose the scenario that matches your situation.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have made no updates via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have been updating via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You are running Fabrik 2 and would like to migrate to Fabrik 3.
If you chose scenario 2, you will be performing a 'GitHub Update'.
If you chose scenario 3, please visit the 'Migrating From Fabrik 2' page.
General Instructions (top)
The following steps should be completed before upgrading and apply to all types of upgrade:
- Backup your sites database and files.
- Look at the [http://fabrikar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92 code announcements] forum to see if anything has changed which you should be aware of.
- Do not uninstall your previous version of Fabrik
Standard Upgrade (top)
To perform a 'Standard Upgrade', simply follow the same procedure as if you were installing Fabrik for the first time.
GitHub Update (top)
At the time of a official version release, we recommend users who are updating from GitHub, to upgrade Fabrik via the Joomla installer and then continue to 'update from GitHub'.
This is because the installer/upgrader may apply additional database changes which would not be applied if you only updated from GitHub.
For instructions on how to 'update from GitHub', click here.