Important notice about Cloudbleed - if your site uses the Cloudflare CDN, and you intend to follow the Joomla security team's advice to change your site "secret", you MUST READ THIS NOTICE.
Fabrik 3.6 Released Remember to backup and test your backup before proceeding with this update. Please report any problems you might experience with this new version here on the forum. You are safe to upgrade to Joomla! 3.7 and PHP 7.x with this version of Fabrik. View the blog for more details on this release.
There are three scenarios that are possible when upgrading. Please choose the scenario that matches your situation.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have made no updates via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have been updating via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You are running Fabrik 2 and would like to migrate to Fabrik 3.
If you chose scenario 2, you will be performing a 'GitHub Update'.
If you chose scenario 3, please visit the 'Migrating From Fabrik 2' page.
General Instructions (top)
The following steps should be completed before upgrading and apply to all types of upgrade:
- Backup your sites database and files.
- Look at the [http://fabrikar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92 code announcements] forum to see if anything has changed which you should be aware of.
- Do not uninstall your previous version of Fabrik
Standard Upgrade (top)
To perform a 'Standard Upgrade', simply follow the same procedure as if you were installing Fabrik for the first time.
GitHub Update (top)
At the time of a official version release, we recommend users who are updating from GitHub, to upgrade Fabrik via the Joomla installer and then continue to 'update from GitHub'.
This is because the installer/upgrader may apply additional database changes which would not be applied if you only updated from GitHub.
For instructions on how to 'update from GitHub', click here.