Calc Configuration

I'm running Fabrik 3.0.9.1 on Joomla 2.5.26

I have a calculated field that I want displayed on screen when calculated but also want it saved to the DB. This is a quote form and we want to display a quote online but also save the quote so we can call the customer if they don't go ahead with a booking.

The calculation works fine and displays onscreen if Ajax Calc ie on but then it is not saved in the DB
The calculation also works with Ajax off and saves on SUBMIT but then the customer never sees it onscreen.

My question is, how can I get the calculation to save in the DB and also display onscreen. I thought
the APPLY button should do this.

I have now created a new install of Joomla 2.5 and a new install of Fabrik 3.09 (without the calc plugin) and confirmed that the apply button doesn't do anything. Is there any fix for this?

If anyone is interested, I upgraded to 3.1rc2 on Joomla 2.5 and have the same issue. On further investigation I find that the Apply button doesn't work with calc in the Module, but it does work if the form is accessed directly as a menu item so it appears the Fabrik Form Module is where the bug exists in both 3.0.9 and 3.1 versions.

Hi,

Did you tried to duplicate your calculation. The first where the result will be a visible on your front website and ths second who will be displayed and where the result will record with the savebutton.

Thanks for that suggestion but my issue was that I didn't want it to display until it was saved otherwise there was no incentive for the user to click the SAVE button and we needed to capture the users contact details. The save button clears the form so you don't see the result. You method does work (I've used it on another project) but not to do what I needed to achieve here. It works fine as a form linked directly to a menu item so it is definitely the Form Module that is not functioning properly.

Hi Rod sorry for not replying sooner

If you use the confirmation form plugin, when the users hits save it takes your user to a page that displays the data they have input and when they hit save again it saves to the database (I think - Rob/Hugh?)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back