CDD: Filter Data: Always shows all values

joit

Hi,

I have a problem with CDD linked to a database join, just like in this example:
http://demo.fabrikar.com/index.php/elements/cascading-dropdown
In my list view I only want to see records that have been saved (not all). I thought I could change this in "Filter Data" but no matter how I set it, it always shows all possible values!

What I think is strange too, that although I set "Show please select" to "no" it shows "please select" in my list view.

Thanks for help,

Johannes

I'm not entirely sure what problem you are describing.

Can you provide either some annotated screenshots, or a Jing video of the issue?

-- hugh

Here is a screenshot of Filter data setting and the result in the list.
Country is "Belgien" and I see records from other countries. I only want to display "Evere" because it is in "Belgien".

Attachments

• recorded.png
    recorded.png
    37 KB · Views: 306
can you point us at the page, so we can check what is happening when Belgien is selected? It should trigger a js event to update the cdd dropdown, but looking at your screen shot it appears to not have done so.

I found out that the cascading dropdown behaves different depending on whether the filters are above or under headings.
When set to above, I can always see all citys depending on what the country is set.
When set to under headings, I can always see all citys depending on what records are saved.
I'd like to see the records saved for the country selected. Is that possible?

OK, it looks like it is something to do with the radius search plugin, where the JS init is failing because it's not finding a particular DOM element. Do you have radius search enabled? if so, can you try disabling it, see if the CDD update happens in 'under labels'.

-- hugh

When I disable radius search if Filters are set to under headings the cities update.
But there are always all cities visible, not just the cities that are in saved in the records. Is this behaviour correct? When I click on countries, I can only see saved records.

What is "Filter Data" set to under the element filter settings, in those two elements? if it's "use global", what is your global setting?

-- hugh

I set it to recorded data. It behaves the same as use global. Now I set it show all and it doesn't respond at all.

I don't see it not responding. However, in my tests the cascading drop down element was not picking up and using the 'Filter data' = recorded data only option.

I've fixed that, I think!, in github - so perhaps try updating and see if that resolves the issue?

-Rob

I don't see it not responding. However, in my tests the cascading drop down element was not picking up and using the 'Filter data' = recorded data only option.

I've fixed that, I think!, in github - so perhaps try updating and see if that resolves the issue?

-Rob

You fixed the "recorded data" problem - thanks a bunch!
The "show all" problem is browser dependend. In my case it works with IE (although it breaks the layout) and doesn't respond with Chrome (breaks layout, too). I left my site with "show all" just in case you want to check with Chrome.

Can you tell me exactly how to generate the 'show all' problem? I've re-read the thread, but am now confused.

I've loaded that page in Chrome, and all the filtering seems to work OK.

-- hugh

I'm sorry I played around with the site so you couldn't see it. Please check now again. I attached 2 screenshots that illustrate the layout problem. The filenames tell correct and incorrect position of the list.

Unfortunately Rob's fix of the filter data "recorded data" effected not only the the list view but the form, too. Was this intended?

Attachments

• recorded data - correct.png
    recorded data - correct.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 286
  • show all - incorrect.png
    show all - incorrect.png
    33 KB · Views: 280
I'm confused as well :) - All I can see is that there is a line in the second 'wrong' screen shot, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two lists you are showing? Is perhaps one rendered as a content plugin?

I don't know why but if I change the filter from recorded data to show all the position of the form module goes under that line. Right now it is set to show all if you want to check on the site.

there is some thing odd with your markup on that page - at the end of the list there is

Code:
</fooff}
That is not part of Fabrik's code so something is inserting it.

I don't know what that is meant to be doing but for me its means that the whole list is unselectable.

I suggest that you try unpublishing any content plugin that might be altering the page markup and test with a standard Joomla template to try to figure out what is causing this.

This is really strange. It seems to have something to do with my hosting. When I install the site to a local xampp it works correctly.

Just 1 more question about the show all / recorded data thing. For my site, in the form view I always want to see all values. But when I set filter to recorded data, I only see recorded data in the list view. Can I change this so I can see recorded data in list view an all data in form view?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back