Graphical radius search.... possible ?

I did several tests to try to understand when and why some times it works but most of the time it does not.
I call the map with resetfilters=1 switch in order to start on a clean unfiltered result.
I have others filters on this list but don't use them
I have prefilters (published yes/no)

It seems to use the previously asked setup each time you ask a new search. ie you ask for rows near a given row (use field) and it shows strange result. Then you clear every thing and start a new search based on a geocode position far from the previous one.... and then the result is the one you were expecting for the first search ???

Something related to cookies ?

You can test it on the test site I've filled in under my username. menu is BASES >> Cartes. You can test the "Code terrain" : "LF6951" or use any geocode position in France apart Paris and suburb or coordinates (example : 49:5 in the north east of France).

There are over 1000 rows less or more equally spread all over the country.

Yes the table underlying the viz Gmap has a dropdown filter on the region and some filters on others raws as well as prefilters. I don't use any others filters than the radius one. If I try several successive tests using the "around the element" option it shows "some results" spread all around the country without any respect to radius size.

You can test it using the "BASULM test drive" of "my-sites" (the first one), no login. Menu Bases>>carte. Radius plugin is triggered by clicking on the "Chercher" button. Inside the window, set the radius distance around 50 kms, chose "Code terrain" as the center and key in "LF1752" as en example (landing base near La Rochelle !). It should show some other bases around La Rochelle.....

I had a "search all" option as well as a third element on wich filtering was enable. I've disabled all ot them leaving only the radius search filter. It's still "throwing" away a bunch of records (limited by the records limit of the viz setup) spread all over the country....

Friendly Bump

Also, is the active/inactive choice still relevant with the new popup for the radius search ? I mean, this choice displays in the popup itself where we would guess it is always active... If we really need this "feature", I would expect to see it at the trigger button level. Not inside the popup itself. From my point of view, it should be active and no choice to desactivate....

I've moved this into the pro forum, so we should reply a bit quicker now.

However, at the moment I can't seem to connect to the site to test ! :(
Could you let us know when its up again please?

-Rob

right well I think/hope I have this one fixed now on your site.

Also, is the active/inactive choice still relevant with the new popup for the radius search ? I mean, this choice displays in the popup itself where we would guess it is always active... If we really need this "feature", I would expect to see it at the trigger button level. Not inside the popup itself. From my point of view, it should be active and no choice to desactivate....

I've moved it to the trigger button level, you can't simply enable it always as that would result in 0 results if you filtered on other fields, so its active if the radius search window is opened, and if you cancel/close the window you get a confirmation box asking if you want to clear the search.

Excellent ! It works on all choice with the right results. Also, I think the new mechanism with the auto-enabling feature while opening the window is muuuuch clearer ! :). Nice result. Thanks. Should I take care of something if I have to upgrade to a newer github version in the future ?

woops missed replying to this one....
The changes are in github - so there's nothing special you need to do related to this feature.

Radius search again... so closed ! But unusable !

I have set up 2 others filters on the list in which the radius search plugin is added. If you do do a radius search, it works. But if you hit the clearfilter button and then start another search on another field, the radius search is still active. You have to open the radius search window and then hit "cancel" to have a confirmation message and then the new filter works. Also it may have some form of technical logic, it's not user-friendly and, for sure, not obvious to understand for the common user.

This may be tested on the "basulm" site registred in "myfabrik". Using the front without being logged. Choose "Bases" >> "Cherche sur la carte" and make a radius search around "code terrain" LF8258 for example. It shows 8 results in the "Midi-Pyr?n?es" region. So good, so far.

now, you hit "RAZ" (clearfilters) on the filter box and choose the region "Alsace" in the dropdown. It shows nothing as the radius search is still active (but it's not "visible").

You have to click on "Chercher" to open the RS window, Cancel it, accept the message and then hit again the "Afficher" button to get the result.

Toggling "start active" does not change something. I will rename the "cancel" button of the popup to "clear radius search" but would it be possible that the clearfilter button clear the RS values also ?

I have set up 2 others filters on the list in which the radius search plugin is added. If you do do a radius search, it works. But if you hit the clearfilter button and then start another search on another field, the radius search is still active. You have to open the radius search window and then hit "cancel" to have a confirmation message and then the new filter works. Also it may have some form of technical logic, it's not user-friendly and, for sure, not obvious to understand for the common user.
Yes the clear filter code in the radius search wasn't being fired, I'd only got that working in the list view (forgotten that it would also need to work from the visualization).
I think I have fixed this in github with this commit https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/d41314de8ad06308bbb20f9a9afccb9e2515a9f6

Thanks Rob. Seems to work nicely. I'll have to wait another github version since this one shows a bunch of debug var probably linked to the other radius search WIP you are on ?

think i finished off with that yesterday afternoon (working on getting two radius searches to run on the same page) so it should work without debug stuff now

Hi Rob,

I had to step down a version due to wrong behavior in form management. Since I have another problem (other thread), I tried again to install a brand new version of github (to day master). The debug code is back (see screenshot) and the reset is no longer applied to the radius plugin. But I have seen it working with an intermediate version of github... I'm lost ! I've doubled carrefully all the update process to check but it does not change anything. You can see it on "basulm" Menu "Bases" >> Chercher sur la carte

also, when you are in the radius search popup and choose "Code terrain" (around an existing row), it shows an autocomplete field but it you start to enter for example "LF17", the "load" wheel is triggered but nothing is displayed. It used to display a list of "code terrain" starting by "LF17" before the update.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back