Indicator for unsaved form

vinia

Hi.

Does fabrik have a plugin or a feature that indicates a form has not been saved by the user?

Thanks,
Vinia

Well, as long as a form is accessible for users, they can open and leave it without saving anytime, many times and in multiple different ways. You really want to keep track of all such user action?
The easier thing would be the opposite: store who has saved the form, e.g. with a hidden user element. Obviously, anyone not among those users has not saved the form.
Depending on your exact use case and needs this may still have its cons, but without knowing more it's fairly senseless to elaborate further.

Thank you. But what I actually meant was while working on the form. An indicator that tells the one editing the form that he has not saved the form yet. Just like with some editors where an asterisk appears at the top of the document to tell the editor that document has not been saved.

upload_2022-1-25_22-30-3.png

Cheers.

Ah ok -- now we know.
I guess that could mean, a warning appears as soon as a user interacts with the form. IMO, the simplest solution should be some custom Javascript that, if the user clicks anywhere within the <form> tag, displays a div containing the warning, e.g. in a fixed position in one of the corners of the viewport.

"Custom" indicating that Fabrik does not have this on board out of the box, obviously. So, it'd need to be added by you, e.g. by following the link here above.

Ah ok -- now we know.
I guess that could mean, a warning appears as soon as a user interacts with the form. IMO, the simplest solution should be some custom Javascript that, if the user clicks anywhere within the <form> tag, displays a div containing the warning, e.g. in a fixed position in one of the corners of the viewport.

"Custom" indicating that Fabrik does not have this on board out of the box, obviously. So, it'd need to be added by you, e.g. by following the link here above.

Great! Thank you :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back