inline edit does not default field value

p38

I am sure this has been broken recently, cause I know this worked correctly a month or 2 ago.

Scenario - The first time you inline edit an element, it does not show the current elemnt value. All subsequent edits, the elemnt value is shown in the popup.

Now move to another element, and we are back to square one, ie: first time inline edit does not show the current value, but subsequent edits do.

Paul

I can't duplicate this.

In all three browsers (FF, Chrome, IE) all my element types seem to load the current value just fine, on first or subsequent opening.

Can you check to see if this happens in both normal and fabrikdebug mode (with uncompressed JS files)?

-- hugh

Not that I can add anything constructive, but I tested as well and can't replicate.
Can you post the url to the list?

Rob, you can login with same PM details and your demo toournament details are still there.

basically any list with inline edit has this problem.

I tested on FF, Chrome and IE and all exhibit the same problem.

Also tried debugging on, and default templates.

I updated yesterday from GITHub.

Paul.

hi Paul
I'm struggling to see which lists have the inline plugin attached to them. I've gone through all the lists in 'my tournament set up' and 'my tournament info' but I don't see a list using the inline edit plugin. Could you give me list name where you know the plugin is set up on please?
thanks! :)

Appreciate you getting to me so quickly.

Use the "Teeoff Times" list (id:24) as this uses inlineedit as well as the "time" plugin where the problem occurs.

Paul

hi
I think I've fixed this one whilst working on your other urgent issue.
Changes are on the site and in github

-Rob

Thank you Rob, I can confirm this has been fixed now.

Please can you just double check the "Time" plugin using inline edit which now gives a "null" message, I recall I had this a while ago and it was fixed by yourselves. You can see it on "Teeoff List".

I think this error also prevents the edit form from opening for that list

Regrds

Paul

time plugin should be working now as well, it was a similar issue to earlier on today. Code not being clever enough in how it was obtaining the hour/min/sec from the recorded data. Changes are on your site and in github

Reactions: p38
Brilliant, thanks.

It looks like we have all got it back to normal, and some minor element bugs sorted out.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul.

PS: Cant seem to find the "Thank You" button, I guess we use the "like" instead.

great to hear its running smoothly.
Yes I think the like is the same as 'thank you' :)

Hi Rob,

I know you fixed it on my site, and you said you updated in GIT, but I have just updated from GIT and it is back to the old problem, so I suspect it was not updated in GIT.

Can you confirm please.

Paul.

Scenario - The first time you inline edit an element, it does not show the current elemnt value. All subsequent edits, the elemnt value is shown in the popup.

Now move to another element, and we are back to square one, ie: first time inline edit does not show the current value, but subsequent edits do.

Are you sure you are running the latest? In a thread where you pointed at this one, you quoted an error message which doesn't jive with the current line numbers in github.

I'm still unable to duplicate this, so can't really do much about fixing it.

-- hugh

The thing is, Rob fixed the bug using my site earlier in the week, and I confirmed the problem was solved. He indicated it was updated in GIT.

So when I did a GIT update a few days later, everything went pearshaped with my prefilters, and among other things, I was back to square one with this inline edit problem.

Rob knows exactly what the fix was, the thing is, I have a live competition tomorrow, and the correct working of the inline edit is critical to the success.

Perhaps you can have a look at comments he made as to the fix specific to this in GIT.

My site is more or less back to normality, so I am not keen to do a GIT update until after the competition.

Paul

As far as I'm aware the last commits I made to github fixed this? I certainly tested the inline edit and it was selecting the selected info on the first load.

Hi Rob,

I am hesitant to update from GIT as I have a live competition this weekend, and dont want to mess up the last few days fixes.

You repaired the plugin on my site, and updated GIT, but when I did a site update the next day, these changes were lost, ie: back to the same problem, hence my concern to update again.

Is it safe to say I can just update the inline edit plugin for this weekend usage?

Paul

Well in between me saying that you should update and you updating people found issues with the first change I made, and fixing that re-created a similar issue in the code.

I tested my changes on your site with the inline plugin and recall that the initial issue was no longer valid. (opening the inline editor for the first time would not pre-load the dropdown with the row's current data), so was confused as to you saying it wasn't working.

Well the weekend is gone, so perhaps we can test this again, on a test site? Its all a bit hairy trying to apply fixes to live sites with such short deadlines.

-Rob

I have until the weekend before it is used live again, so we can try again.

My test site is on a local machine, so I guess that would not help.

I agree, your fix solved the problem, and you committed to GIT. I uploaded from GIT as I needed another fix elsewhere working (I think Bulk Updates) and I was happy that all previous issues were sorted, so I did not forsee there would be historical problems with a GIT update. Once updated, this problem re-surfaced, so I was not sure the fix was in fact updated in GIT.

Perhaps I should do a GIT update first before you waste any time, perhaps the latest update it has been fixed?

Should I do this first?

Paul.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back