inline edit does not default field value

Rob, Just updated GIT and this problem still persists.

I will touch base with you next week after our weekend comp to resolve this.

paul

Here is an image to explain.

Also please note that the Close button for the dialog window is missing, altho if you point cursor to top right corner, you can close, so I suspect the image is not rendering

Paul

Attachments

• bulkImage1.jpg
    bulkImage1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 309
probably best to be that in a new thread, as its unrelated to the inline edit issues.

I think I really need a test site on your server that I can test your set up on without having the pressure of fixing things / not breaking things for the next day because you are running a tournament.

The issue here is really related to your specific set up, something to do with the applied filters/prefilters) and is deeply rooted in the core logic we use to render lists, as can be seen by last weeks fiasco where my changes for you basically ruined a load of other people's sites. Its not the type of work that I like to do on a live site, with repercussions for you if I fail to fix things correctly and something that I need to spend a lot of time on to be happy with any solution I might come up with. So... would it be possible to set up a test site on your server that I can work on without effecting anything else.

Hi Rob,

Ok, I have replicated the site, and now at least I have a fabrik specific site to test on teh hosting server, not our dev PC.

Heck, for the fun of it, I even added the Fabrik logo just to make you feel at home..... :)

url is

Front: Welcome to Golfscore - The convenient golf tournament, league and competition scoring system
Back: GolfScore (tm) - Administration

Superuser login details are the same as the root site. (your previous login details)

This thread is one of only 2 outstanding threads left on my list, we are almost there, all the others are sorted thanks.

This one being the most critical as it affects default values for user input.

Paul

Superuser login details are the same as the root site. (your previous login details)

Can you fill in your site details (click the "Fabik Sites" link in your user details info to the left of any of your posts)? We both rely on Last Pass to remember logins, and of course Last Pass won't "know" about the new site.

-- hugh

forgive my ignorance, but where do I find these details. I did fill in the URL and username in my personal details profile.

Hugh - im not seeing anything of what you are describing - have you altered things in the forum recently? Also the site's set up as a sub folder so your old login will be remembered.
p38 - the link to add in site details is here : http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites, I'll have a look at the site now

-Rob

Hi

:oops: I think this was unintentionally fixed without me knowing whist I was working on the fix for the caneditrow issue. (https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0686199b65b922af85a32ec54216fd4afe9aa0ab)

All I did was update components/com_fabrik/view/form/view.raw.php on the test site, and for me when I edit http://golfscore.co.za/fabrik/index.php/my-tournament-info/tournament-scores, double click on the player cell, it opens up with the correct player filled in.

could you test that to see if it works for you as well please?

Yup, thanks it looks like it is working OK.

Can I pull from GIT?

I will update live site sometime and doublecheck.

thanks.

Paul

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back