Multiple radius search Plugins in 1 list

ok,
if you plan to spend a little more time on radius search plugin, I have some more whishes ;)
1. If Geocode is enabled for the first time, the layout is broken (see picture, checked with IE and Chrome)
2. It would be great to have radius search activated by default. I don't see a reason for the switch anyhow. It would be great if I could turn it off. If someone doesn't want to use radius search, he can leave radius at 0
3. It would be great to find places in the map "as I type". Just like it is possible in the googlemap element

What do you think about it?

Attachments

• radius_layout.png
    radius_layout.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 319
I'd also like to replace the slider with an active DistanceWidget, like we have on the element, so you just draw out the radius on the map.

But as Rob says, things are kinda crazy.

Apart from the general hecticness of keeping up with support, we really need to focus as much of our efforts on 3.1 as we can. So anything which isn't a quick fix, we'll probably end up working on in 3.1, which may or may not get back ported to 3.0.

-- hugh

So anything which isn't a quick fix, we'll probably end up working on in 3.1, which may or may not get back ported to 3.0.

ok, I understand. I'd consider the points 1-3 as nice to have.
But could you please check if the multiple radius search issue is a quick fix? I fear that it'll take a long time to implement it into 3.1 and maybe when it is implemented, I can't use it because a feature I need works is 3.0 doesn't in 3.1 etc.
Is there a roadmap of fabrik 3.1?

The link you gave in your OP doesn't work, btw.

I'm setting up a test here, although i have a feeling it may not be trivial to fix.

-- hugh

Yeah, as I thought, it's going to need some fairly major surgery. Everywhere we use an ID in the DOM structure, we'll have to add a unique identifier. Which means changes to many, many lines of code in both the PHP and the JS.

Not impossible, but it certainly isn't a quick fix. Probably a couple of hours.

-- hugh

Nope, that just means the date we made up for the milestone needs to be changed to a different date we pull out of thin air.

We simply work as fast as we can, addressing issues as and when we can. Any milestone dates you may see are very approximate!

-- hugh

I need to have 2 radius search plugins in 1 list......If Geocode is enabled for the first time, the layout is broken (see picture, checked with IE and Chrome)
ok a first stab at this should be available in the master branch at github.
Please test and report any issues you might find

2. It would be great to have radius search activated by default. I don't see a reason for the switch anyhow. It would be great if I could turn it off. If someone doesn't want to use radius search, he can leave radius at 0
well that would depend the use case. Other filters start as blank values which the user needed to select, which is why the radius search plugin starts deactivated. I can see the use case where that wouldn't be appropriate,so I've added an option to the plugin allowing you to state if it starts active or not

3. It would be great to find places in the map "as I type". Just like it is possible in the googlemap element
Added

Great you're already working on this! I found these issues (all checked with Chrome, Firefox and IE)
1. Something broke the display of the map (regardless of 1 or 2 plugins). I can only see a placeholder (grey rectangle) in the first plugin.
The layout thing is fixed except for the case that one plugin shows a map and the other is supposed to show a map, too.
2. That works for the first time only. When I submit the search, it it set back to inactive. Would it be possible to remove that switch if "Start active" is set to "Yes"?
3. Couldn't check that because of 1.
4. I think something broke "My location". I often get the message "We are unable to determine your current location" (not with IE)

Thanks!

can you point me at the list's url please? I dont see most of these things on my test site.

Just got latest Github and it seems like you changed something here - at least I can see part of a map in Chrome (not in IE). But the map is moved out of the center (see picture).
When I enter a name of a city, I get this message very often: "Geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO_RESULTS"
In IE things became worse, I cannot changed the sliders any more and still don't see a map.

If you didn't change anything, this is just because of my upgrade to Win8 ;)

Attachments

• MapCenter.png
    MapCenter.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 279
Oh Lord, Windows 8.

I can confirm issues with the map displaying properly when geocoding. Also that the filters main area is not expanding when a map is shown, like it used to.

I don't see any geocoding failures, I suspect that's down to your connection to google. You could be exceeding their rate limiting, or the connection is just very slow.

-- hugh

I can confirm issues with the map displaying properly when geocoding.

I could have something to do with the focus. The same thing happens to a googlemap element if I tab through a form and get to the googlemap element.

I think I have just fixed that - its to do with hiding the map whilst its displayed - its internal logic for working out it's size has a fit basically.
I've also shifted the interface into a pop-up window as there wasn't really enough space in the filters section

I tested and the map is completely gone now. With 2 radius plugins enabled, I only see the second plugin.
I personally would prefer the non popup version a lot. It can be shrinked down by only enabling some features or CSS. Another good way to shrink it would be to remove the active / inactive switch.
I think the popup is very impractical if there are 2 plugins. Additionally, an extra button has to be pushed to fire it up.

LOL well I had a load of people complaining that it was too squashed and impossible to use when rendered in the filter list. There is also the issue of what happens when the filters are rendered under the list headings - there simply is not enough room to have the interface display in a usable manner.

Its still working ok for me in firefox - there is an issue with our script loading in IE that we're trying to resolve which might effect it loading in IE - I presume that is what you are using?

I doublechecked with Chrome, Firefox and IE withe todays github but it's not working.
I pm'd you the url.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back