Multiple radius search Plugins in 1 list

I just committed a fix for showing the map in IE and Chrome.

But I haven't tested with multiple filters yet. Figured we need to get the new popup code bedded in first. Walk before we run, and all that.

-- hugh

can you pm me a super admin login and an ftp account pls - I can't tell much without turning on debug so that the uncompressed js files are loaded.

ok I've had a go at working on this, there seemed to be several issues when loading multiple radius search elements. I've updated Joit's site with some updated code, but I'm yet to submit it to github, as there was something Hugh had added to the map loading code that I needed to removed but I need to check with him what circumstances it was needed for so I can test that the changes don't break an issue he had already fixed elsewhere.

Hugh - its in the Fabrik.loadGoogleMap function - you were doing:

Code:
window.fireEvent('google.map.loaded');
window.fireEvent('google.radius.loaded');

and here's a gist of what I've done, https://gist.github.com/pollen8/1f109ab32e55027c69f6 basically caching the callbacks and running them as and when they are needed, so I think that your two lines are not needed as the callback function also fire those events.

As per our Skype convo, once you've updated that branch with the "doesn't work in form popups from lists" thing, I'll back port those changes to 3.0.

-- hugh

Great work, the whole thing works much better now. I did some testing and only four days a few issues. I'm on the road and can only check with chrome on my nexus tablet but when I use the filters a second time they aren't set to active any more sometimes. I also find it hard to close the first popup, the second is much easier.
Did you lock the list fahrt in the backend somehow, I can't edit it?

I may have not cancel'ed out of the fahrt list when I closed that tab. You'll have to do a Global Checkin, under the main J! Site menu Maintenance Tools.

I'm working on doing some testing of Rob's branch, so I can merge his changes into the 3.0 master.

-- hugh

OK, tested and fixed a few things, merged back in to master.

@joit - can you test and let me know?

Looks like multiple radius filters now work.

We now force use of the "Go" button in the filters, if a radius search plugin is being used, as that's what you have to press to do the filtering. Might be more intuitive to have a "Go" button in the radius popups, but for now ... it is what it is.

Only issue I could find was, if you have AJAX-ified link, and edit a row from your list in a popup, the Radius search box will no longer popup.

We've found what we think the problem is, and will attempt to fix it soon.

For now, let me know what you see in your tests.

-- hugh

in general it works! Only some small issues:
clear filters doesn't work
occasionally the popup "geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO RESULTS" comes up although the exact same entry works in googlemap element. Copy and pasting the location from an editor works, too (try with "Merzhausen")
closing the first popup is impossible with a tablet, works on the regular browser
+1 for the GO button in the popup, closing the popup with the X is not so nice
would it be possible to make the popup optional?
It's a pitty that if the popup is closed, I can't see the entries any more to verify / make sure / doublecheck

yes, clear filters is obviously the most important. The order of importance for me would be (start with most important):
- occasionally the popup "geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO RESULTS" comes up although the exact same entry works in googlemap element. Copy and pasting the location from an editor works, too (try with "Merzhausen")
- would it be possible to make the popup optional? It's a pitty that if the popup is closed, I can't see the entries any more to verify / make sure / doublecheck
- closing the first popup is impossible with a tablet, works on the regular browser
- GO button in the popup is good, closing the popup with the X is not so nice

Can I update from github again?

occasionally the popup "geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO RESULTS" comes up although the exact same entry works in googlemap element. Copy and pasting the location from an editor works, too (try with "Merzhausen")
Not sure there is anything we can do about that - if the web service returns no results we can't alter that.

would it be possible to make the popup optional? It's a pitty that if the popup is closed, I can't see the entries any more to verify / make sure / doublecheck
I don't see how this is going to be possible given the space available. The map is pretty much unusable if it is just put in the filter table.

closing the first popup is impossible with a tablet, works on the regular browser
is that just for the radius search or for all windows, e.g the advanced search window? Which browser are you using in the tablet?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back